Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Virtual Scribblings On A Virtual Pad

For some reason, I can't seem to nap. I thought of getting one before getting up for the United game against Roma but as it is, here am I blogging.

Tuesday was a bit of a blessing compared to the day before, in that I didn't have to run all over the place(as mentioned in the previous post)

I'm still feeling sick but I was able to cope better with it today. Having said that, the morning was still hell for me. A wonderful cacophony of sounds, sounds rooted in the phlegm-filled coughs and a mucus trumpet, a beast that I once knew as my nose. Enchanting stuff.

I was under slight pressure as I was, in an silent way, expected to brush up and be ready with the final script by the end of the day.

Honestly, I'll put my hands up now and say that I probably wouldn't have been able to do it had it not been for the help of Sharon, an ex-MIC member, way before MIC was known as MIC. I finally had someone to bounce words and expressions off and had the same done to me. Between us, we completed the script to the best of our ability in a short time span, and did much than I would have had I flown solo.

I was the epitome of gratitude.

I didn't plan to but I fell prey to a whimsical moment and decided to watch the DVD copy of Romeo & Juliet that I purchased recently. Being more alert and receptive, I was pleased to find that I caught many more things naturally as compared to the previous time that I watched the movie. Having the subtitles helped.

If you think about it, it wasn't that clean or straightforward, other than the obvious themes of murder and bitter rivalry, the romance and its elements were flawed as well. Romeo did drugs and Juliet could be interpreted as an innocent girl who fell prey and barely put up a fight against youthful curiosity.

But of course, that all fair game. It doesn't matter when the overriding factor is love, does it?

Line reading for MIC tomorrow. Casting was revealed today. Some would not be happy but that is to be expected. What I(and of course the other old-time coots like me)will be looking at is how professional they are despite whatever. To those who say this isn't the professional world and there is no need to reciprocate, I say how they act reflects on the kind of person they are, no matter the context or environment.

Damn, the match starts in less than half an hour, so much for my frickin nap.

I thought this post would be laced with some introspective, inner thoughts but perhaps it is too late in the night for matters so heavy. Or maybe I've just gotten slightly lazy all of a sudden.

So, I guess, it's a pretty meaningless post.

~ A thousand times goodnight. A thousand times the worse, to want thy light ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home