Monday, March 31, 2008

Aching, Sneezing, Coughing, Wheezing

I was a bit of everywhere and everything really.

Went over to my mate's on Friday to do video conversion and stuff. But due to bad luck, I didn't manage to convert everything I wanted to.

Just before I left for this place in the day, I was notified of a Dramatec practice session. Rather late, I might add. So after the mate's, went down to school.

They were practicing Chicago and I know it's not really my thing but I guess it was good training and exposure. Days like these are the reason why I joined Dramatec. To learn, even though I'm nowhere near decent.

The next morning I was up bright and early again, ended up at Parkway Parade to deal with the script for MIC's Orientation '08 Show.

Then, in the late afternoon, was off to dad's for my sister's 21st birthday celebration.

I'll be joining her soon, I wonder how it feels like to turn 21. People make it out to be something big but I don't suppose she'll feel that different and I suspect neither will I.

Somehow ended up sleeping over at dad's, concurrently missing out on Man Utd thrashing Aston Villa 4-0 as there was no cable TV down where I was.

But I know dad liked it that all his kids were sleeping over and I guess it was right of me to cede this time and let him enjoy having all of us over. It doesn't happen often.Usually one of the kids are missing and that's usually me.

It didn't help that I had started to fall ill at my mate's place on Friday and I spent most of Sunday in a woozy state. Tried to sleep it off once I got back home this morning. Was glad to be back in my own bed, especially since I was feeling all sick.

Felt well enough to head down to the video store at Kovan. Apparently the changed location and downgraded in size.They moved from one block to another one nearby. But because of the downsizing, they carried lesser titles and I was less than happy about this.

On a whim, I decided to head back into Heartland Mall and ended up buying 3 DVDs for $49.90. I don't usually do that.But I did, had a bit of extra cash that was not part of my usual allowance so I guess spending that large wasn't so bad.

I bought Chicago, The Producers & of course Romeo & Juliet. 2 musicals and one with rather complex dialogue. So, it wasn't your run-of-the-mill summer blockbusters.

I've been spending the whole day in misery and a general lack of health. I dread tomorrow as I will be waking up early again for MIC at Bishan, leaving halfway around lunchtime for Dramatec at the Esplanade, picking up my free passes for Semi Pro (starring Will Ferrell) and possibly back to Bishan to pick up my laptop (if they were still not done with it when I left for Dramatec earlier)

I'm not moaning about it or anything but I just wish I didn't have to face all this while I was still sick.I wish I could just stay at home and do nothing.

That said, I am well aware that some of the MIC advisors and project managers put in more effort than me, particularly one of my fellow advisors, who's usually MIC and nothing else.

And I have dear friends who are busy with their own productions and camps and all that and a whole crapful of other things so at the end of the day, I guess we're all in the same boat.

I'm feeling so unaware and uncoordinated right now. I guess I'd best be off to rest and recuperate.

~ Doth that poor fellow be so poor in sense that he knows not how to treasure one like thee ? One who has given thine love so freely, love that is guarded so jealously and dearly that others with good heart may not even get a sniff of thine prized affection? ~

Did Shakespeare come up with that? No, alas, it is a cheap attempt at imitating the master, it is my attempt.

Good night and here's hoping I ( and all those dear friends unwell at this moment) will feel better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home