Thursday, March 27, 2008

Teach Me How I Should Forget To Think

It feels slightly surreal, even awkward at times to be coming back for MIC Studio, having not being back for a while.

It is presently the calm before the storm. We are bracing ourselves for when the chaotic gale winds hit, possibly crushing the stability we worked for all this while to smithereens.

As for the work in progress for the April Orientation '08 project, I am slightly unsure about where I stand. I don't think I'm contributing enough in the area that is supposedly my forte or strong point.

I know I'm more of an advisor now and not a current member but I still feel I don't lead as much as I should when it comes to scriptwriting. Or maybe I should just realize that I should be okay that I'm not doing the bulk of the work, realize that the current project managers should be doing that instead.

Things are going good so far but like I said, the shit could hit the fan later. We're all caught up in musical fever and I cannot, for fuck's sake, get the song "You Can't Stop The Beat" from Hairspray out of my frickin' head. It is bugging the hell out of me.

I have an urge to go watch Chicago: The Musical. The star-studded one, with Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger and Richard Gere.

But actually, that's not the movie I really wanna watch. It's actually this one.

Romeo Juliet

I love the artistry in capturing this emotion

Photobucket

Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet

I know that Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge is more probably more popular but I don't care. I think that this is much more tragic. Besides, how can one go wrong with The Bard, Shakespeare?

I really love the fact that Shakespeare's dialogue has been transposed onto modern-day Verona city but still has been kept intact.

I already watched a online copy but I still want to watch the DVD so I can really catch everything being said whilst trying to understand the context.I did so a couple of years ago and now I wanna do it again.

I am now more interested in the fact that Romeo loved a niece of Capulet, Rosaline before he ran into Juliet.

I think it does mirror my situation and feelings somewhat.I don't mean to come off sounding like a drama king but I just think it does portray my take on an issue accurately.

Oh, I've been dying to eat a good steak for a while now. Nothing premium-priced. Just something decent at a decent restaurant will do.

Just to make a point, I have to say that I really like that first picture in this post.

"One fairer than Rosaline? The all-seeing sun never saw her match since first the world begun."

~Romeo Montague; Act 1 Scene 2; William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home