Monday, March 17, 2008

Child @ Play

I had been doing well on the money front, getting by without spending too much but then, the ideal conditions took a dive, all within a couple of days.

Now, I have to pratice, limiting myself to spending only on proper days out that are worth it instead of indulging in daily, whimsical purchases.

Actually, come to think of it, isn't that flawed in an topsy-turvy way? Am I not supposed to spend on the daily necessities, like food, and stay away from money-draining adventures? Then, how come I'm doing the opposite?

Staving off the necessary routine just so I can have good times out with friends.

I feel so incredibly shallow and materialistic right now.

Something was up with me yesterday. For some reason, I felt compelled to tune into the Disney Channel. Perhaps, I needed an escape into the simplistic, bright world we all once had as kids once upon a long magical time ago. That was before this daft and dark world corrupted us with MTV.

Anyways, I spent most of the afternoon, watching cartoon after cartoon. I did enjoy it, with a childlike ignorance to the fact that it was not fitting of my age.

In the night, it was a real throwback to the old days. It reminded me of times I used to be baby-sat at my cousin's workplace. I'd spend hours roaming round the Warner Bros. store watching the cartoons over and over again.

Bugs Bunny is priceless. I laugh like a kid again when I watch him.

Remember how he has this line where he goes "Ain't I A Stinker?" In the adult world, we would have a harsh insult for him, starting with the letter 'B'. It would be apt, seeing how he screws Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam over and over again.

Last night was such that I even watched the cheesiest of the cheesy, High School Musical: The Sing-Along Version. Of course I did not sing-along, it would be infantile to do so.

Just for the sake of being random, if I had to choose from out of all the Disney tween queens, I wouldn't typically choose Vanessa H, I would go for this one instead.

Photobucket

Miss Tisdale.

I don't know why I would choose her. I just would.

It's not a crush, I don't like her that way. I'm just making a choice, as if I'm answering a random question in one of those Facebook quizzes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home