Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Can't Be Still, As I Tap My Feet To The Funkadelic Beat

The seas have calmed somewhat after tumultuous times.

Been busy with lots of things, distracting myself with various activities.

Continued where I left off with a trip down to the Esplanade on Sunday. Went to catch The Great Spy Experiment, part of the programme for the Mosaic Music Festival.

Got there about slightly more than half and hour before the start of the performance, managed to get good standing spots

It was an acoustic performance, a first for the band and they pulled it off commendably, even though it was slightly weird to hear 'Dance With Me' mellowed out; it's usually a song played with an infectious energy. But 'The Great Decay' and 'Siti In The City' were played just right.

It was then off for supper somewhere near my home before a chilled out late night slack session with a mate, filled with insightful and meaningful conversations.

Today, along with a couple of mates, applied at Borders for a part-time position. Not really expecting a callback from their HR Department though.Even though I was told that they had vacancies.

After lunch, we went to Cathay Orchard and we spent a good part of 20mins just standing in front of the box office, trying to agree on what movie to watch. Finally, settled on August Rush (something I favoured, a gamble for the rest) but I knew they would like it and they did.

Oh, as a side note, Step Up 2 was initially listed as sold out but as we were about to purchase the tickets, we saw that it had been downgraded to 'selling fast'. However, my mates decided against inquiring as they probably wouldn't have enough seats to seat us all together.All the better for me since I'd already made a promise to watch this movie with another friend a long time ago.

As for August Rush, it's a nice movie. It has a fairytale element in it, in the sense that 'the world is full of magical coincidences' but if you'll enjoy the movie very, very much if you leave your sense of pessimism at the door.It is even touching and dare I say, 'magical' in parts. It helps you reaffirm your belief that there are good things worth believing in this world.

An underrated gem (especially if you're feeling down) 8/10

Before the movie started, we had a stab at playing Fifa '08 on the XBOX 360, a first for us. Perhaps we were only half-playing as most of the time, we were trying desperately to figure out and get used to the controls while playing.

For the trip home, we managed to get by on sheer dumb luck and catching the right buses at the right time, at a time where doing so any later would mean, a expensive taxicab ride home or a long trudge to the right bus stop and probably an even longer wait for the Night Rider bus service.

So that was the end of a long and interesting day, which had followed a day of similar qualities. Hopefully more to come.

It's been nice. My only grouse is that I can't do it with more of my friends. I have a couple of them with whom I haven't had a good, fun day in a long while. It's been long overdue.I hope I can get them this vacation period and have a good time out, laugh over silly jokes and maybe even moan about serious bothersome issues. A good friend is one that you can act stupid with and also be a listening ear for you when you need it.

And there are a few out there that I miss.

As for those that I've already met, most definitely no harm in meeting them again.

On a last and personal note,

'I know I'm meant for bigger things and I believe that there is so much more to aim for.Much more than others may realize, others who only live in the now and fail to see the promise of the future. I know that I can be much more than what I am now.

I can see it in the words of the many songs that I hear. They all tell me that there is a part of the world out there. Having you in that part would make it rather nice a complete. We're all small parts and there is that one small part that fits with mine, and, I hope it's yours.'

A thought that I've mulled over and tried to put in words, I don't expect many to understand, save a select few, for it is quite vague and generally sentimental rubbish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home