Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Wait To Write, Read & Listen

Is it a tad premature to be talking about all the things I'm going to try to do after the exams?

Especially since the exams are not only NOT over, they are coming closer and closer with each passing day.

But maybe I can use all these as possible manifestations of reward and pleat sure that would greet me at the end of an exhausting, brain-draining period.

I most definitely wanna finish my half-script and make it a full one.

This morning on the way to school, I had the sudden urge to rewrite the verses to the song that I consider the best attempt I ever made trying to write one, "That I Love You". It was written ages ago.

It's got a great chorus but the verses don't do it justice. I must try again.

And most of all, I want to settle down with a good book, on a solitary Sunday night at home after a hectic week of fun activities and the mood set with Robin Thicke's voice, crooning out of the sound system.

Frankly, I could use that book and Robin Thicke's melodies about now but I wouldn't be able to do so and still feel comfortable at this time. Not with all the revisions and the looming examinations to deal with.

I can't afford to spend too much time in a bookstore. I'd be fixated on the various titles and be held captive by the various storylines that bring out my inner bookworm. However, there would still be a cloud of unhappiness hanging over me, fully aware that I'd leave the place empty-handed.

A new book is an occasional luxury that is fully appreciated when it comes round and not a whim that can be satisfied as often as I would like it to be, simply cos I cannot afford to do so.

Currently, I curb my cravings with the occasional book borrowed from the school library which I'm pleased to say, have a decent collection of titles from my favourite author, Robert Ludlum. Still, there are other books by other authors that I want to read. Getting a new book is like getting new clothes for me. The same feeling of satisfaction applies.

And one of those books is Audrey Niffenegger. It's a love story, not the kind I read but the storyline is unique and interesting. I think it's gonna come out as a movie this year.

It's about this guy and girl who loves each other but the problem is the guy has a kind of defect which makes him travel to different times, as in different years. Despite this, the girl keeps faith that they will end up together. Despite the element of science fiction there (the time traveling), it is very much a love story.
.
Of course, there is also the usual slew of Robert Ludlum and conspiracy theory fiction that I usually get.

But of course, if I do, it will have to be only after the exams.

Sigh...I'll wait, I guess. Unless any kind soul has a copy of 'The Time Traveler's Wife' and would be willing to loan it to me?

Probably not. Wishful thinking on my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home