Monday, January 21, 2008

Off The Hazards And Onto The Green...For Now

A little less flustered but still occupied.

The Micro project deadline kind of snuck up on me. Stayed up till 6 this morning to finish it and collate everything from my group members.

But it's over and done with so let that be the end of that.

Biz Stats test tomorrow. Constitutes 5% of my final grade. Given my dismal showing at the term test, I need every single bit of that percentage.

Maybe, if I hadn't gone out on Saturday I wouldn't have had to rush to finish up my Micro project.

But I'm glad I did cos I got to see Great Spy Experiment and Plain Sunset play their sets at 'Xplosion @ Ngee Ann Poly Open House'. We came too late too see the rest play.

My mate made a social faux pas when he derided (barely a) celebrity, Paul Twohill as 'That stupid Paul Twohill!'(something along that line) Which I didn't really mind if it wasn't for the fact that the subject of derision was standing only about 5 feet away.

My mate didn't realize how loud his voice was and I sure hope the music drowned out the poorly veiled insult.

It's simply just cos I think it's really awkward to insult someone standing so close to you and then remain there, pretending to be oblivious to the awkwardness of the situation, with the insulted person being so close.

That aside, taking into account the journey and the environment of the school, I'm real glad Ngee Ann isn't my school.

GSE was cool but Plain Sunset connected with me more.

One of their songs ('The River' I think) got picked up as the soundtrack to a Channel 5 'Heroes' trailer.

Speaking of Heroes, if it was possible to do so, I think I probably would have died from an overdose of Hayden Panettiere.

Die by overdosing on Hayden? To be honest, doesn't sound that bad. I wouldn't mind. Haha.

Star World was showing the whole 1st season of the show on Saturday and repeated it on Sunday. So it was Heroes pretty much for hours and hours over the weekend.

Heck, even my mom watched it and now she knows how the 1st season ends.

As for me, I'm waiting for the 3rd season.

I was disappointed that it had so little episodes compared to the first season. But the endings for a fair number of episodes from the 2nd one did leave me shocked. So, I guess it was good value. Even though they had a pretty unnecessary storyline involving 2 new characters.

Right, off for my much needed afternoon nap.

'Will you still be waiting on Queen Street?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home