Friday, January 04, 2008

The Danger Of Overindulgence Whilst In The Spirit Of Discovery

Okay. I know I'm supposed to go about how this is the first post of 2008 and everything but it's just another post, just another year.

To all those who know me, sincere annual greetings and joy I wish upon you all.

Resolutions?

Nothing really absolute. Just thinking I should continue doing what I've been doing for 2007.

Going to places, trying new things, meeting new people and having new experiences which leads to have an interesting and varied life. Sounds iffy and intangible.Yeah, it may not be something straightforward like 'gain weight' but it is what it is, so there.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I want to do more different things. I may not end up liking everything new that I do but at least I could always say after that I've already went through the experience.

Does it have something to do with me being older and aware of it. Fine, 20 is just a number and isn't like 21, but I'm only just starting to explore things.

Poetry and spoken word readings,movies, film festivals, jazz bars, international plays, local plays, rock gigs, rap battles, student parties, club house parties and more of the like.

Some of the stuff I've tried, well most of it actually. But I want to do more of it.

And interspersed into all these things are of course, the usual, namely school, CCAs, slacking with the mates.

I was trawling thru Facebook and other online sites like the Good English Movement website and other assorted ones and apparently there's this acoustic/rock gig at Timbre near the Substation. Might get me mateys to tag along, if they're really serious about doing new things as well.

Really, my mates and I, we're sick of the same old, same old.

Oh and I don't know why but everyone was talking about Facebook today.

It all comes to a head for me this weekend. This is the time where it will be obvious to others that I have a clash of commitments. This will result in me having to sacrifice one and rushing for another this weekend, just so I could prioritize one that I deem to be more pressing.

That would be the show for Jan '08 Orientation. Lots still need to be done. Afraid of coming up short in so many aspects of the show. Indeed, very afraid.

Perhaps I should attach a footnote in that earlier resolution warning me against having too many things on my plate that will stretch me physically and mentally. I must know my limits and not be overambitious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home