Monday, December 10, 2007

Sleepy Study Day

Just thought I'd get one in before I restart my studying.

It's been a rainy one today. Monsoon-related,I guess.

Micro paper was all right. Initially, fouled up the data analysis part, or whatever you call it. But I managed to get my brain right in time to remember the correct calculation methods. I'm hoping for a B. But I may get less. Depends on how little I screwed up on the other parts of the paper.

Been unsuccessfully looking for a WORKING link for Bring It On Again: All Or Nothing. Sigh. Hayden Panettiere's in that. I so wanna watch it again, after watching it on cable the other time.

Of all things, I watched Dhoom 2 when I got back from the test today. I hardly watch Bollywood movies, unless they involve my favourite, Preity Zinta. But Dhoom2 was supposed to be more action and I couldn't really be bothered with the song-and-dance scenes.

I think I'm gonna go rent Season 3 and 4 of One Tree Hill when the hols come around on Friday. That'll give me something to do.

PACE year-end party. Theme: White Christmas. Or something like that. Sigh, I have nothing in white. Must I get something new? Perhaps a new top...

Another late night mugging session is on the cards for me. I keep forgetting all my stuff.

I had a very insightful conversation with a taxi driver on the way to school the other day. Get it straight from the 'horse's mouth', if you will.

A lot has been made about the problem/plight of taxi drivers here.

We have the unscrupulous lot who give Singapore a bad image by charging ridiculous prices, un-metered fares, $35 and things like that.

And then there is this honest lot who gripe about rising costs and the fact that they now have to work longer hours just to cover costs. The fact that diesel prices are up doesn't help. That's out of our government's control. Blame it on the volatile global oil market.

But my opinion is that there should be at least some sort of basic stuff in place for them. They don't even have medical benefits. Not working today cos you have no money, sorry bub, no income today then.

The taxi companies raising fares doesn't help at all. All it's gonna do is flare matters between the taxi-riding public (who don't like increases) and the taxi drivers (who'll hardly see any return on that 30-cent increase). It'll go back to the taxi companies anyway.

Yeah, all of us have had our fair share of bad taxicab experiences but for the most part they're trying to make a living (though for the case of the overcharging bastards, I do feel they should have their licenses revoked).

I'm not going to comment much on the government cos I think we can't keep pushing stuff to them.I'd just thought I'd give my two cents worth on an issue on a basic, human level.The man on the street, you, me and the taxi drivers.

Anyways, back to being apathetic and self-indulgent, all I care about in the immediate future will be my Prin Mgt paper tomorrow and the joy that I'll feel if I find Bring It All Again: All Or Nothing.

Back to the books, boy!

Oh, and the party that I might be going to, turns out, it's on the 14th, not the 16th. It's just a day after I finish my midsems, so talk about nice timing. I should be going, I think. Well, I'll be going if my mates are going. Probably just a couple of hours and then I'll just cab home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home