Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Not Gonna Start With 'Once Upon A Time...'

I missed a couple of lectures this week, very bad. I have to buck up for real. Being late despite having enough sleep is just plain stupid.

Anyways, I received a bit of news on Friday. Dramatec already has plans to re-stage a previous play for the next main production but they would like to encourage ideas from members, I guess for us to feel involved so they're inviting open scripts from members.

Now, if I end up not doing this I'm stupid. Not after going on at great lengths about wanting to go to Dramatec to have more chances to learn and better myself.

So, I have two weeks to come up with a script that is an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours long. Never have I done anything that long in my life. The longest script I've been involved in only stretched to 20 minutes, and that was only a working draft. But it doesn't matter if my script doesn't get picked. At least I'll be able to work on it and improve cos they'll also be talking about scriptwriting in general. That was kind of the whole point of me going to Dramatec.

I do have reservations about my storyline. I mean, yeah, I think it's decent enough. But I am unsure whether the story is a bit out there, whether the context is applicable and not just fly over the audiences' head and leave them scratching their heads.

So, I was working on the flow of the story the whole morning. Basically, I worked on how the story flows and what happens. I'm in the midst of noting down what happens in each scene. Just a line or two. This will also help me know how many scenes there are. So, I haven't actually even begun to write the dialogue. Well, it's best to know how the story's gonna go first so I don't get stuck halfway. I already happy that I managed to come with with a storyline that flows and at least makes sense.

Other than that, spent the morning watching 'Goodfellas'. Another gangster movie. Also managed to watch 'Cashback' online recently.A decent indie flick.

There was supposed to be a PACESetters workshop on Friday and that would have clashed with Dramatec but thankfully, I received an email saying that it's been postponed to a future, yet to be known, date. Which means, I can just go for Dramatec.

Ahh, later on the in the afternoon I was trawling through the Net. TRYING to do research for a project. I swear I hate research part of a project the most. I did it all the way till about 1030 and all I got was...frustrated.

To compound matters, Man Utd lost in a tired, passionless display against a gritty and disciplined Bolton side. There was passion but not the right kind, channeled correctly. A kick up the pants was needed from the gaffer but it wasn't enough. Now we trail Arsenal by 3 points, giving those behind us to catch up as well.

Bummer.

Tomorrow, I shall continue with tutorials (I seem to do my tutorials slowly) plus more revision. Probably my Principles of Management. Don't even get me started on Business Accounting 2. I need major help in that. I got lucky with Accounting 1 to just escape with a C+. I doubt I'll get away with it this time round, especially if I continue the way I've been. And of course, I'll finish up the scene synopsis tomorrow as well. No going out? Except in the afternoon for an hour cos I need to but other that, yeah, by not I get to save a bit of money at least.

Off to dream.

End scene.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

I hope your story goes well.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home