Thursday, November 01, 2007

Jolly Good Show, Chaps!

This week has been fine.

Wednesday, I was over at the dad's, helping him write a speech for his project thingy.

Today was nice.

After the early morning tutorial. I had time to have lunch at Macs at Tampines Mall. My original purpose of going there was to redeem my Golden Village members card but I couldn't print out the page from the school computer. I decided to go get lunch anyway.

Later on, headed over to ITE Simei to go and see the juniors perform for the MoneySense skit.

I know that Mic Studio isn't much in the eyes of some people and they may ask why I'm kicking up such a big fuss. I guess only people in the performing arts line will understand the satisfaction felt after a performance, whether it be singing, acting, dancing or anything else.

Others might also say that even when compared to others, Mic Studio may still not much. Yeah,we've a few good shows here and there but nothing on the national 'arts scene' yet. Like we don't do a variety of shows and put ourselves about everywhere.

Yeah, we are a small club with limited resources. We don't have the resources to do as many shows as we want. That's why, with the number of shows we do, we try to put in as much quality as possible. Okay, that last sentence sounded like a food advert.

And today was no different. In front of some MP dude and a student audience, the cast gave a good show. We managed to elicit laughs from the audience. We got 'em for sure.Other than shoddy stage lighting control (which was out of our control),we gave a solid show.

I was told that the MP was some guy with the rank of 'Rear Admiral'.

Haha. That always cracks me up. 'REAR'...Admiral. Obscene, I know.

After that, it was time for my favourite part of doing an external performance (one not at Bishan) or doing a prestigious (college/ITE level) performance. The tea reception. The catered food.

Just because they have someone important over, they will always have food after the performance. Sometimes, just cos we performed, we get invited to join in the food as well. The College Central principal and directors like to do that for MIC Studio. Apparently, some of them are fans of us and like the fact that we always do stuff that brings good vibes for ITE Bishan or College Central.

I ain't complaining. Good and free food. The spread this time at ITE Simei was pretty great,one of the best I've seen.

Unfortunately, I could only stick around to wolf down a couple of mini-sandwiches and chocolate pastry, which was great. Didn't get to try the food though.

Before I left, Mdm thanked me for coming to support Mic and I told her that honestly I felt that I just came and did nothing. Yeah, I get it, she was thanking me that I bother to come back so many times but actually I feel like I'm doing nothing. Which is true of course because it isn't my place to be doing anything cos I'm not involved.

It's just that I guess I miss being in the thick of it all. The stress, the fun, the running around, the butterflies in the stomach and the relief etc.

Like I said earlier, I know MIC doesn't do too much. Maybe one day I'll write something, for something big, a play or a screenplay, etc. And then, I'll acknowledge that it was MIC that gave me my start, meaning, I did something big, with their help.

Which moves me on nicely to my next point.

That I've got my first Dramatec meeting tomorrow evening. Wonder how it'll go. The whole purpose is so I can gain more exposure for myself and learn more things. Maybe if MIC survives, I can use it for their benefit. Mostly for mine, as I look for more knowledge in the performing arts field. I mean, even with my story that I'm writing. This could help. A good skit depends on a good story.

So I hope that joining Dramatec will benefit me. It's not about having it as a CCA. It's more than just that.

Today in Sociology, we had to choose from 5 movies, "Save The Last Dance", "Yamakasi", "Radio", "Finding Forrester" & "Billy Elliot". Unluckily, my group got alloted the most (in my opinion) boring of all the choices. I've watched all 5 movies before so at least I know what they're all about.

WOuld have preferred to get Yamakasi of course. It's on my favourite movies list.

Too bad.

I saw "The Producers" on cable again today. I think it's really a zany and wacky musical show. The actors must really have had fun being able to act all crazy and funny and get paid for it.

Will Farrell has a supporting role but he is a complete scene-stealer as the bumbling Nazi soldier in hiding. I think it's better than his best movie, "Anchorman" simply cos he manages to do so well when he isn't a lead character in this movie.

So tomorrow, I plan to go down to go and redeem my free wireless optical mouse and send in my warranty for my HDD. Before I leave school, I might be bringing my laptop to get it configured to be able to access the school's wireless system. After getting the mouse, I'll probably come back to school, use the laptop and wait out the time till it's time for Dramatec.

Another busy day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home