Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Money Comes Easy, Money Goes Easy

The hols have been fine, mainly cos I've been mixing it up nicely. Late-night-till dawn slacks with the mates, back to Bishan a couple of times, days where I'm out and bout town and also times where I'm just chilling out at home.

I have to say I love the new days of chilling at new places with old friends. It's a change from chilling with the mates cos we always do at the same old place.

Let's do more of it eh, homie?

The festive season was alright. Especially the 2nd day cos this year I visited houses on my dad's maternal side that I was close to when I was a kid, but not really now. Also visted a few houses and I don't know how exactly I'm related to the occupants. Somehow I am, even if it's my dad's friend. Nice thing about thatos, if you would allow me to be chauvinistic and unbelievably shallow for a moment, is seeing all the girls who aren't bad at all, I must say.

That aside,certain sections of the family have heard of, some have read my story in the 'Inspirations' book. And a few more heard on Sunday and they were all very encouraging and postive about me doing an actual book. Maybe not published cos that's hard but at least I should have the manuscript, I presume.

Aye, the burden of expectation. It's hard to get myself to do this and flesh out an actual book from my ideas but now this 'motivation' means that I have to step up and get something decent out.

But I'll play down the praise cos it means nothing. I mean, it does, cos it's really sincere from the praise-giver but what I mean is I want to keep myself level-headed and sensible in this matter. After all, there are 19 other writers with equally compelling stories.

Neither am I playing down the praise to get more praise. You know, say "oh-no-I'm-no-good" so that others will turn back and say "oh-yes,khairul-you-are-good".

I'm just trying to be sensible about this. I'll just work on my next story on the side, when I'm free, without the pressure of expectation or the ego-inflating praises.

I'll just do my story, is all.

I think I've got one. The story I started on is now gone cos I didn't save it. But my brain chanced upon a new one recently and I think it's even better.

Moving on...

This bites. Most definitely bites. Why?

Laptop is on the fritz and this time it is down for the 10-count.

The hard disk needs to be replaced along with a complete reboot and this has set me back a princely sum of $200.

All my festive earnings are gone and if that wasn't enough, I have to put my plans to sign up for a driver's licence on hold.

&%$# !!!

I've not had the laptop at home ever since Friday night. But I was told that everything will be fixed up by tonight. I'll have more disk space too cos the minimum they have is an 80GB hard disk and that's more than double the laptop's original capacity of 37.2 GB.

I really hope they can save my 'my pictures' folder. The songs are fine, I can get them again if I want to but the pictures are of immeasureable value. Those are the only memories I have of some people and places left.

From having my finances in a rather comfortable position, I now only have a meagre amount of money which I have to guard carefully for the rest of the month. Pay from the week's job at the ad agency will only come in early next month. I'll do my licence but only a month from now.

I don't even have the cash to get new clothes, like I'm supposed to and hang out with people I'm supposed to.

I just wanna get my laptop so I can start on my story before I get lazy or forget.

I want my money so I can do what I want to and hang out with the people I miss.

My birthday's coming up but it's no biggie for me. It'll be nice if the family could give cash cos that's what I need but hey, I'm just joking, cos the family don't really do that. Dad's talking about dinner somewhere nice, mine combined with Sis' cos her birthday was on the 7th of this month.

Birthdays are just another day to me, maybe just a little bit more special. I don't care for gifts but they are quite readily appreciated when they come my way.

What do I really want?

What I really want can't be bought in a store, not the 99-cent store nor the fashionable streets of Milan.

It's not tangible but I do crave for it so...that is, if I have to crave for something. I'm not gonna say it here. If you're curious to know, ask and maybe I'll tell, maybe not.

Right, I'm done at the Internet cafe, hopefully I'll have the laptop back home by tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home