Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Feline Friends

I didn't want to do a post today but I did in the end cos of something which I'll talk about later.

I got a message asking to come down to a meeting for the Moneysense event MIC is doing and just see if the script was good and just spot flaws.

I don't think there were any.Apart from it being too long perhaps, the story's actually got good flow and developed characters.

Storyline's way decent too.The climax isn't a letdown and neither is it too heavy.

Of course, like any event the CCA does, there are problems but the show must go on. I think they'll deal with it and do what needs to be done.

After that headed to Geylang and bought my festive clothes...like finally! I don't feel much for this year's festivities. So I wasn't too choosy about the colour either.

After that, when I reached home, I saw a kitten near the stairs of my house. It was cute but I didn't pay attention to it and headed to my door. There was a big paper bag at my door. I thought nothing of it, till my sister came back.

It turns out, the kitten had crawled back into the paper bag ( probably came inside the paper bag; someone put it there. Maybe cos they knew we've fed a few strays)

When I crawled at peeked at the kitten, it turned out to be a newborn. It couldn't even open it's eyes...it's fur was still wet

I felt sad that it was a stray and we had no choice to call the SPCA. My household is in no position to keep a pet, what with all of us working, schooling and not home most of the time. At least we're honest about it, I think.

So we called the SPCA's 24-hour hotline and they came within 30 mins to pick it up. It was done really fast and I didn't even get a chance to see the kitten leave. The guy just picked up the bag with the kitten inside and just left.

As I was inside and trawling further through the SPCA's website, I saw this...

Any animal given up to the SPCA may be put to sleep in 24 hours If you cannot accept that this animal may be put to sleep within 24 hours from now, please find an alternative instead of giving it up to us.

It got me all down and quite honestly, all sad.

I'm not saying it's a certainty but it is a possibility.

I was supposed to order Macs for supper cos all I had for dinner was a feww bites of something and water. I didn't really have the appetite anymore.

Then I realised that I had to cos I would be fasting tomorrow and me not eating tonight wouldn't really help.

The only thing that consoles me is that if the kitten is put to sleep, then it would be in a far better place than anywhere else on this Earth.

Still, I feel all down and shyte.

In case, others don't know, I like cats. I grew up with one when I was at my grandma's and he's still around.I don't think that makes me a sissy or a wuss cos usually guys are rather indifferent towards cats.It's usually girls who love or hate (cos they're afraid) cats.

At first I didn't wanna type this cos it's a stupid memory...

But once, while I staying at my grandma's house. My elder cousin, brought up this stray cat. We fed it for a bit,played with it. Garfield, the house cat, got all jealous...

A few days later, we heard a cat's loud meowing at night.As if it was in a catfight.

It turns out some sick cunt had kicked and abused the defenseless cat. It was hurt when my cousin brought it up again. She bought it to the vet but it didn't make it and it died.

Like I said, I didn't wanna type this, but I did cos I would feel wrong if I didn't.

I think my materialistic birthday wish was for me to somehow be able to work and earn enough to buy an XBox 360.

But now, my wish is that the kitten gets a good home.

For real.

And I don't give a damn about the 'you-jinx-the-wish-if-you say-out-loud' belief. This wish is too pure and too real to be affected by something silly like that.

And you know what, I'm a little allergic to cats. But I still don't care. I still like 'em. Even when I get a house of my own, I'll have 'em. Like if I get rich and famous (haha!) and I have my house featured on MTV Cribs, I'm gonna introduce my cats (2 or 3) during the tour of the house. One of them's gonna be named Prince.

Lol.

On a last note, I hope that God looks after the kitten.

I do apologize if this post sounds a little sissy-like cos it's seems so 'emo' but I just had to get it out. It's not about me, it's about the adorable cute kittens and cats. For them, I don't apologize. Cos this post is nothing, cos they deserve so much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home