Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Not Like It Used To Be

Just thought I'd mention,Sarah Tan, Channel [V] VJ, is on the cover of Maxim. =)

Jose Mourinho's left Chelsea. Though, annoying and unbelivably arrogant at times, his colourful character will be missed in the English game (I have no idea if his next job will be in England). Who can forget the way he had the cheek to proclaim himself to be 'The Special One' upon his arrival at Chelsea. Having said that,hope his departure bodes well for my team, meaning the one I support, Man Utd. After all, we are title rivals with Chelsea.

Spent all of my Saturday at home. It didn't turn out too bad cos I did have a couple of things to do.

Cleaning up my disk drive for one. Been doing it gradually.At its worst,this laptop only had 225MB of free disk space left and was on the verge of crashing. Now,it's got about 48% of free disk space and the is in the midst of the de-fragmentation program,which will hopefully make the system run faster afterwards.

Had a couple of important emails to send out too.

Perhaps,spurred by the high of the book launch, I decided to write a short story.One first, more later. It's not that I think I'm a writer now, just cos I happen to have ONE story in a book somewhere. I'm still me but I just want to give it a shot.This time, I want to write not because of a competition but just because I can and I want to.I decided short little ones would be better and a tad easier to write than one big, long story.

...

I miss talking to you, as I do miss talking to some others.

Most of us live in the here and the now.The present.We only realize that a gap is present when we part ways with others.Quite often we accept it as the nature of life in a fast-moving, cosmopolitan environment.We all have new places to go and new things to do.

No need to tell me.I am fully aware of this fact that people come and go.It's sad but that's the way it is.

Just wondering though...

Doesn't it seem then that the connections that we make however,deep and real they seem to be in the present are just for the sake of convenience?

It isn't,of course,because I think that we are sincere when we are close to people as friends but I say 'convenience because it certainly applies when the situation changes and there is no longer a need for the connection as it is no longer convenient (usually because we all move on) and serves no purpose, we mutually let the connection we make dissipate by simply not putting in any more effort to maintain the connection.

And to justify this, it then suddenly becomes convenient for us to say 'that's the way it is'.

It is the way it is because we allow it to be like that. Then,obviously,it wouldn't be like that if we didn't allow it. If we didn't let that connection dissipate. Of course, we can't keep everybody in our lives. But I've seen /heard of cases or been part of cases where it's just a damn shame that some connections no longer exist because circumstances change when in the past,it was all so full of fun and colour because both parties put in the effort.

I don't know if what I said above was clear but I do hope that people who come here do read this simply because I honestly think that everyone's gone through the above situation that I've tried to describe.

If you did understand what I was trying to say, do think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home