Thursday, August 30, 2007

T'Day Is Our D-Day

Exams have been over for a couple of days but frankly I haven't had the chance to feel it.

I've been immediately down at Bishan for consecutive 12 hour days to help in whatever little way I can with the T'Day skit.

It's tiring but after thinking about it,I feel more pity for the cast.I've been in their shoes before. To have to go through the all-draining rehearsals and still have to face school at 8am the next day,isn't very exciting.But we have to be hard and push them,it is not surprising that they would push back and feel really miffed.

But,from experience,it is almost certain that they will be actually missing the moments of exhaustion that they are going through now.The way it's going,they might actually pull this off. Their day is almost coming and I can somehow see things coming together and they can actually put on a decent show that they have every right to feel proud of.

As for me,I feel I haven't been of much use in the training stage,I'm much more comfortable at the conceptualisation stage.The training I've mostly left to the more astute student advisers and Sofia,the drama-trained VP.I've taken more of a background role,giving my two cents worth whenever I feel I should and just giving a lil bit of advice to Sofia here and there.I've not taken too much of a hands on approach with the cast,unlike the others,I just try to help them whenever I can.

We've made positive progress during the rehearsals and I hope it's well-received cos it's totally new shit that ain't never been tried before.The thing is,it has the chance to be spectacular.I think it really does.It can at the very least make the audience say that 'hey,that's new and interesting',we ain't seen that before'.

It's up to everyone involved to reach for that,from the cast,the backstage crew, the multimedia people and us old heads helping out.

Oh,just thought I'd mention.The MacroEcons paper was alright.Not sure about my graphs,whether they were correct.I'll receive my results on the 13th of September via SMS.

I was told that the book in which my story (the one I wrote Inspirations competition) was compiled in is going to come out on Monday.Nothing big cos it's an internal release.But it's cool cos it's the first time one of my stories is gonna be in any sort of compilation.I saw the rough copy just now.My musings,immortalized in print.Hah.

Actually I'm more excited to read the other stories.I already read my stories.

It's more soccer talk but this time,it's really serious stuff.Maybe you won't appreciate the first part but definitely you should for the second part.

It was a grey day in soccer a day or two ago.

Ole Gunnar '20:O-LE-GEND' Solskjaer announced his retirement from football.

He was always my favourite Man Utd player and I'm sure of many others as well. Why? He was always and the model professional and yet he did the business better than many other glamorous names.

Famous for scoring the goal that won his team the European Cup,I love him for so many of his other qualities,like when he sacrificed himself,making a last-ditch tackle which got himself sent off but saving his team's ass.As he was walking off,he got a standing ovation from the 60,000 home fans.How fitting.

He was a striker,he's supposed to score goals.

I honestly believe from the bottom of my heart that,he is the BEST natural-born finisher that United has had in the days of Alex Ferguson,behind only to Ruud van Nistelrooy.Half a chance,that's all he needs.He has the striker's instinct that cannot be taught.His humble personality off the field and his merciless attitude on it earned him the moniker 'Baby-faced Assassin'.

Thanks,Ole,for all your years of loyal service.

Then,the grey,turned black...

Antonio Puerta,22 year old player from Sevilla,passed away just over a day ago.He collapsed on the field during a league match.They managed to revive him and he even walked back to the dressing room but there,he went into a three day coma which proved fatal.

The thing is,he was due to become a dad in just six weeks.It just hurts me to think about his wife and kid that he left behind.All in football mourn this loss.

...

Rehearsals again today,for the last time,before the big day on Friday,which starts at the insane hour of 630am.We have to be in school by then.Mic Studio's performance is at 10am.Lots of time to prepare but we will be kept busy.

We were told that ITE directors might be coming down just in time to see us perform.Also,some one from the Ministry of Community,Youth & Sports(MCYS) might be coming down also.See,that's why we gotta push these kids.They can do it anyway.

And lastly,I don't want to make it a big thing by talking about it too much...just that...

I'm glad that you liked what you got,old friend.It was nothing much,really,but again, I'm glad you liked it.

Though I have to say,I totally did not expect you to react the way you did...haha.

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home