Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Love Story Is A Byproduct Of Greed & Boredom

Mom forgot to pay the StarHub bill again.Says she'll get it done soon.Meanwhile here I am at the school library typing this out.

It's really quiet after six.There are still people around of course but it's not a sea of people like it is during the day.It is odd that I'm here this late in school for such a trivial thing like using the Internet.I figure there isn't much to do at home so I decided to waste some time here and then go home and study cos there's nothing to do otherwise.

Suddenly felt like YouTube-ing music videos.Don't really do at home cos of the lagging connection.I do have broadband but it's all slowed up due to all the viruses.

A lot of The Used (I like Box Full Of Sharp Objects) and also the newest vids off TRL on MTV.com.

I might even study in school around this time in the future cos I feel it's kind of conducive.It closes at 9pm so that's cool.

I was walking past one of the school's numerous notice boards till I saw one that said this...

"What is LOVE? And how do you express it?
Send us your romantic literary work and win CASH and a chance to be published! Your writing can be:

A short story (5000 words or less, fiction or true story)
A poem (one per entry)
A love letter (to your significant other on an anniversary, farewell note, marriage proposal, secret admirer etc. or simply just to express your feelings)
A blurb, a one-liner, or even a short phrase, as long as you’re confident it will tug at the heartstrings!

In other words, any literary work that is inspired by love. Our sole judging criteria is how romantic your work is. Be bold, be creative, search deep inside your heart. Write something that will move and touch!

PrizeS

1st Prize - $1000 cash
2nd Prize - $500 cash
3rd Prize - $200 cash"


It's open to all full-time students in a Singapore school.I might enter something if I can get something creative out.It has to be soon,before the 30th of this month.Might just send something in for the fun of it.No harm anyway.A story's too long though for me to do with such short notice,unless I get really inspired.Might do a poem.I actually have a chance to get all sappy and corny and get away with it.

I got a C+ for Comm Skills report writing.Erm,I admit I am a lil surprised.Thought I'd have merited a B- at least or a B if I was lucky. Damn,now it all depends on my presentation marks. It is individual stuff so at least my performance would determine my final grade.Hopefully I did good.

Gosh,no cable tonight.Can't catch Man Utd's early morning game.Great.Only 2 games into the season and I'm already starting to miss them.Let's hope I'll wake up to news of a Utd win.

I'm supposed to catch the Bourne Ultimatum some time this week.Hope I see it through and not procrastinate.It's not just a guy movie,it's a guy movie with brains.

Just remembering that I used to be a lot more regular with my updates.Back then I used to have a post every two or three days.Then again,not that anyone would care anyway...

Right.can't think of anything else.Lets hope my Internet service is back up at home real soon.

Off back home for me.Really not looking forward to the journey home.It's just so monotonous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home