Monday, July 16, 2007

Telly Flicks & Hard Volleys

I really should have posted a new one over the weekend but I didn't,so there...

I wanna go to the Singapore Music Festival or SINGFest (2nd day) but the ticket prices are murder.Gym Class Heroes and Avenged Sevenfold are coming.Guess I'll be giving them a miss.

Caught 'The Blossoming of Maximos Oliveros' on Thursday with a few old friends. It was a Filipino flick.Not exactly run-of-the-mill stuff but it was cool to catch an arthouse flick for once.The Cathay Picturehouse was a cool and cozy place but I didn't agree with its no-food policy.Not when I was in desperate need of food.

On Saturday I just about starved myself for the whole day in anticipation of my dad's dinner treat at Pizza Hut.Others may wonder what the big deal was.Yes, while I wouldn't say that I'm destitute,Pizza Hut isn't a routine thing for me.

Come to think of it,my family could probably afford it once a month with no problem, which is quite all right,actually.

It was just nice to meet up with dad and the rest of that side of the family cos we don't meet up that often.

Sunday was a kickabout at the soccer court.I think it's nice to have one,once weekly or twice a month.It was real fun.Even if I did get my face done in thanks to a skewed shot from a mate. Soccer ball to the face...ouch!

I had stars in my eyes for quite a while.

It's happened to me a few times before and I thought this one was just more of the same but I was told that I was slightly bleeding.Apparently the ball had pressed my glasses in which in turn cut into the skin of my nose.That was new...never really happened before.

It hurt for sure (considering it was hit by one of the strongest and best shooters amongst my mates) but it's part and parcel of football.We both understood and I told him so when he apologised.No biggie.

Today,I went down to Bishan and we really got into the nitty-gritty of planning for the Teachers' Day event.Scheduling and all that stuff.It was pretty draining but satisfying.It's not the CCA's fault, it was perhaps due to all the project deadlines that I'm facing in the polytechnic.

Oh yeah,this Saturday I have to go back down to school for the 1st Pacesetters meeting + training session. There goes my Saturday morning sleep-in.It starts at 10 and ends tentatively at 1.

Just 5 more weeks...I guess the countdown has started in my brain.Why do I have the feeling that these 5 weeks will pass by oh-so-slowly...

To end it off,the 3rd season of Entourage will be coming back on HBO on 30th July. Woohoo! I like this show...

It's a show that follows the journey of Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier) and his 3 best friends as they navigate through Hollywood and the trappings of fame.Loads of real celebrity cameos, like Mandy Moore, who played the lead's girlfriend.

Jeremy Piven is brilliant,acting as the unscrupulous agent of the lead character.He even won an Emmy for his role.The chemisty between the friends is fun to watch as well.

"Lets hug it out, bitch" - Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven)

The very memorable quote that became very popular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home