Saturday, August 11, 2007

Being A People Person

Really, really wanted to sleep in this Saturday.Wasn't feeling too well the day before,slept through most of it.

But I had to wake up early today to go to a PACESetters meet. It was a mixer or a bonding session, if you will and I thought it imperative that I go. It's hard enough for strangers to start to get to know each other,it would be tougher to crack into a group who are already familiar with the people in it.

The sun was bothersome but I did have fun.A lot of running around I have to add.

I met a good bunch of people.Still too early to call it.I mean,true colours yet to be seen.Awfully pessimistic for me to say perhaps but if we do get through the probation period, these are the people that I'll be working with.Having said that,I've gotten nothing but good vibes,even from the senior members.

I had planned to head out after reaching home but I was a little drained from facing the heat and was surprised when the time showed that it was past 3pm when the bus pulled up at my stop.

So I went to get dinner and decided to sit in for the kickoff of the new season of football.Just glad it's back.See how the new boys TenSports perform with their coverage.

So there's a full programme tonight.

So gonna sleep in a bit tomorrow.Hit the books somewhere after noon,probably at Starbucks. Haven't had a dose of Caramel Hot Chocolate in a while.

Revision lectures all next week in school.

I didn't get last season's Man Utd kit.I hope I can get it this season. Probably I'll get Owen Hargreaves' name kitted in, with his No.4 in there as well.

Saw on IMDB that Step Up 2: The Streets is in production.None of the original cast though. Disappointing but usually the norm.Usually,sequels like these are nowhere near as good as their predecessors. The first one was without a shadow of a doubt a runaway hit.

Been watching quite a lot of standup comedy clips of Dave Chappelle and Chris Tucker. Really funny stuff.

27th is the last day of exams.That's 18 days away.

Can't wait.

Everytime I go to the airport to either chill,eat or study, I really feel bummed out that I'm not there to catch a flight.Which would mean that I would be flying off somewhere.

A trip to KL maybe? Sydney.With friends.Exploring the city.Sounds like a lot of fun.

I was just thinking about the world and how I always said that I would perhaps one day,like to contribute.Reach the kids in Africa through sport.Build houses and get running water to communities that need it stuff like that.

I just thought that it'd be cool to meet kids just like me from different parts of the world that have the same idea about this issue.You know,not just having a global forum and just talking about about it but doing something about it.Going to places like these and seeing for ourselves the conditions,instead of being in some convention hall.

In small groups,of 20 or 30.Working with aid groups and volunteering ourselves.I guess they already have it at the school level today with the overseas field trips.

But...

I thought it'd be cool to have it on a global basis.I guess English would be a pre-requisite at first.

And I love it if I could say I had friends from South America,Europe and North America. Haha. Yeah,there is a personal agenda here as well.But if it benefits a community,why not.And we could be backed by rich corporations perhaps,as part of their social responsibility.

Yeah,I know it's flawed.

Just thought of a way that I could meet new people,new friends who are around my age and do my part as a human being to help others.

Kill two birds with one stone and they are worthy birds to aim for and not just anything superficial.

P/S: Good on newly-promoted Sunderland on getting a late win.Good start for Roy Keane. Go on Keano!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home