Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Fruits Of Labour For Us All

Right,I'm gonna get this first one out of the way to move on to (what I deem) more important stuff.

Today,I received an SMS from an unfamiliar number.Without thinking and reflexively,I opened it.

It turned out to be my exam results,sent via SMS.It took me a few seconds to actually realize it when staring at the message with all my modules and their respective grades.I mean,I knew that it was coming and I was expecting it to come but when I received the message,I seemed to have totally no idea that it could have been my exam results.

Did very averagely,definitely nothing to shout about.

1 B+ (Comm Skills) 2 Bs (Org Beh & MacroEcons) and a C+ (B Accounting1)

GPA of a flat 3. (Wasn't shown in the SMS,had to go back and check on the laptop)

I was kind of shocked to see a 3.I was prepared for a 2.+.Psychologically,having the digit '3' is much better than a '2',regardless of the decimal point.

And please,I'm not typing this down to boast.These letters and numbers are hardly anything to boast about.In fact,I'm probably ranked in the lower half among my classmates.

I'm not that dumb to go and boast like this with those results.I'm just being an open book.

I know a mate said that these results are pretty decent for a first semester.But I know I could do better.If I was being kind to myself,I'd put it down to the difficulty of acclimatisation in a new environment.But honestly,that shouldn't be an excuse.

Could have done better,I think.Glad I didn't do worse.To all my friends,especially those from ITE and in poly now,glad that you guys did well enough to pass.Let's try to kick real ass next sem and do better,aight?

On Tuesday,I went to a PACESetters interview. More significantly, they had a roleplay to see judge us on our initial knowledge and retention of methods taught to us.I had another dude next in the interview with me.We pretty much screwed it up and it wasn't a real surprise.

It's part of the reason why I give the CCA much props cos to do what they do isn't easy.It sounds easy but it hardly.

What you say,what you do,how you do it and how you react.It all sounds so trivial but here,the trivial is magnified and scrutinized heavily.

Today,was a MIC meeting where a couple of hanging issues were wrapped up as much as possible in the aftermath of the T'Day event.A proper debriefing plus an update on current ongoing projects.A peek in possible future projects.

Got wind of a possible sleepover OR chalet! Yay! Gonna be fun.Work too but lots of fun.

I don't think I'll end up joining TP Dramatec (if they'll still take in people) but as of right now, yeah,I'm certainly thinking about it.

First dibs still go to my studies and MIC Studio.The first is important and the second is a lot of hard work but it can be a lot of fun too.

Thought about it some more and if I do go into Dramatec,it isn't gonna be an easy ride by any means.I'm gonna have to adapt and establish myself in a new environment.The thing is that I may be marginalized in a larger environment with a lot more people.I'm gonna have to work hard to get into the scrum and put in considerable contribution to make significant impact.

I've got to have an internal locus of control.I have to believe that I can get into the thick of things cos I have the ability or potential to do so rather than worrying about having other outside factors colluding to prevent me from doing my thing.

I've definitely had my time to shine in MIC Studio and now I'm doing my part to help others, particularly the freshies to shine just like it.All in all,what I did and am doing is in no small part thanks to Mdm Salinah.

Today was her birthday and during a break in the meeting we made a rush decision to go and have a small celebration with just cake and drink. and a small prezzie.Mind you,we didn't forget.We all knew it was her birthday but we didn't really have plan anything in advance given the solemnity of the situation in the meeting.

But we scrambled up something just in time but we had to pull her away for a bit and also have a bit of cloak-and-dagger stuff involved.In other words,we had to be real secretive about it.

It turned out real good.It was small and simple and it was just the way she liked it.To all those that weren't there,it was not our intention to leave people out just to make it small,we hardly knew that we were gonna do it either.

So a happy birthday to Mdm Salinah.Age kept secret of course.Never nice to reveal a lady's age. The celebration was also seemed apt to mark another achievement for her.As it is not mine to herald,I shall not divulge it on a public space such as this.It's just that,this deserves felicitations as well.

No one I know deserves it more than her.

=)

To tie up this post,I got a copy of the compilation book selected from the entries sent in to the 'Inspirations' essay competition.It'll be nice to read all the other stories.

There is a book launch ceremony on the 21st Sept at ITE Bishan auditorium.230pm.Smart casual attire.

I was told that I,with a few others,may have to share our inspirations for the stories.

Aggrh,public speaking! Again! It never feels good.

Ugh.I'll have to figure this one out.

The fasting month begins.I feel good about it.

To all Muslims,happy fasting in this good month.

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home