Sunday, October 07, 2007

Those Stories In Print, Belated From The Big Screen & Yet To Be Seen On The Small Screen

Thanks for that favour on Wednesday, fraulein. Needed that. Big ups to you for that. Danke.

Yeah, apparently I was expected to finish cutting out approximately 24 x 17 + 32 x 17 cards within 2 days all by myself. Got help, did it. Didn't sleep all of Wednesday night till the next morning, headed home, got some shuteye, came into the office at 1330, sorted out the cards into 17 sets each and I was done.I was done with working,for now at least.

Bad news is, I have to wait a month before the cheque rolls through. Well, at least I know it's coming right?

Went off at 530 and for some reason, I didn't feel like going home even though I was all alone. It was also probably the fact that from 515pm onwards, the buses and trains are packed to the brim with people and I wanted to avoid that.

So, I dropped off at City Hall to go buy a book on the career of Johnny Depp. It doesn't only talk about his career but comments on it as well and comments on things that were happening around him at that time.Pretty mundane stuff, unless you're interested, like me. I went round to a bookstore the day before too but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to buy a book at the end of it all.I wanted to get a new book,but not that desperately.

Well, there was this one book...John Carbone's Last Of The Good Guys which I found at Kinokuniya. A mafia thriller. Really wanted to buy it but it was a little out of my price range. 30 bucks. It's fine actually but like I said, not that desperate for a book. Besides, that Johnny Depp book from HMV only set me back 11 dollars.

The next night, when I was at Hougang Point, buying my dinner at KFC, to break fast with. I saw one of those cheap book sales, the ones the put right in the open space in the malls.

I ended up buying 2 great books on the cheap. They would have cost me close to 40 dollars if I bought them at retail prices but I got 2 for 10 dollars. So now I have 3 books, and I've barely started the one about Johnny Depp.

D'oh.

But it's nice that I'm trying to stretch my dollar too. Well, if it is just a little bit.

One of them was titled 'Londonstani' by Gautam Malkani. Riveting stuff. Do check it out, if you like to read. It has a look about the youth culture of the Desis or young British Indians (Muslims, Hindu, Sikh) through this protagonist named Jas. There's this nice, little twist at the end which impacts the social judgements that were made in the earlier part of the book.

It's got a bit of lingo that people over there use but fortunately for me, having close friends from that circle, of that ethnicity means I can understand the real meaning of the lingo and appreciate it better. But it still doesn't get in the way of the story even if you don't understand the lingo.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a good read.

Other than that, I basically used the two days after the job on Thursday to recuperate. Lack of sleep is fine, but lack of sleep whilst fasting is a bit of a stretch for me.Kinda screwed up my system a bit cos it probably didn't know night from day.

Someone finally posted working links for Entourage so I spent these all of yesterday watching the first 8 episodes in the 4th season of Entourage. Only stopped cos the loading was getting laggy and I couldn't really take watching more than 8 episodes in a row. Though now, it screws up my Monday 'Entourage-watching' experience cos I already watched ahead.

Oh what the heck, might as well, I'm already watching ahead for the 3rd season of Prison Break as well as the 2nd season of Heroes, now innit?

Also watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie while waiting for them to load. Yes, one of the numerous movies that I missed watching this year. For someone who supposedly really likes watching movies at the cinema, I really let myself down this year.Thank God for online movies cos I probably wouldn't be watching these movies if not for this great outlet of the Internet.

I signed up for the Golden Village Movie Club weeks ago but I missed them sending me the notification letter to go collect my members card.May have been in my junk email folder and I missed it. It has a couple of nice offers. Most certainly, the $6.50 price for movie tickets every Tuesday.

United won 4-0 today. Yay! Great for the youngsters Pique, Simpson & Anderson.

Oh, it's now Sunday, it's now 7th October so....I guess...

Happy 26th Birthday to my big sis...

I don't usually do this but this year I wish for her jewelry and 'other assorted prettylilthings', Ola Lola trinket stall to do great at the Geylang bazaar this year. Going good so far. Making 'mucho dinero' so far, so lets hope her and her friends make even more. It's a small operation but it's great in an entrepreneurial 'slogging-your-butts-off' kinda thing.

Oh, now that I'm reading again, I'm so tempted to go get that John Carbone book at Kino'. Maybe next month when my cheque rolls through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home