Friday, October 19, 2007

You're Not Lost

I just finished writing the first half of chapter 1 of my new story. At least I've started.

The 20th was fine this year. It was good. It wasn't mindblowing but it was good. Many-many well wishers who wished me well and who I appreciate many times over.

No prezzies but I don't give a damn. Not that I don't appreciate them. Already touched on this in a previous post.

To the mates, thanks for bothering for the cake. The thought was fecking brill (brilliant), eh?

But seriously, there were more well-wishers than i expected. Many thanks.

I couldn't sleep last night. So I thought I'd watch TV a bit.

Trust Michael Buble to sing me a soothing melody. I don't fancy him or anything but the dude just makes jazz cool for me.

The song made me think about all my close friends who feel like they're all alone.

This one is for them.



It starts off a little slow, but wait for the chorus cos it's really meaningful.

So to my friends out there, you ain't alone. Remember that.

Maybe it's just as important that I should remember all my close friends who aren't so close anymore. Who think they can't talk to me about their stuff like they used to, just cos circumstances change. Just cos fate seemed intent on setting us on different paths.

"Oh, I can't approach Khairul anymore like I used to. Cos it'll be weird."

I'm still here.

It's even harder to say you'll be there for someone. When that someone doesn't need you.

But to my close friends, who've known me for past couple of years, I'm still here.

I'm not a compassionate saint but neither do I have a stone-cold heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home