Friday, October 26, 2007

Impressions & 'Re-Impressions' In The Early Days

Cool. So far school seems alright. In fact, it seems quite good. I seem to have stepped out from my shell and stopped worrying about the kind of impression I was making on people. Of course, I didn't actually resolve to be more outgoing. I was something that happened on it its own, on a sub-conscious level.

Whatever it is, I'm bringing me bitches! I'm gonna not worry anymore, I'm just gonna play it cool and whatever you get from me, that's it, that's me. No more hiding behind a quiet facade.

When I first came in ITE, I thought that my life was bigger than that. That I had no need to fear being myself and not be accepted. No longer having that fear allowed me to just be myself and it paid off cos I had more friends. I may have rubbed others the wrong way too but you can't please everyone. I'm gonna stop trying to present myself in an acceptable light to everyone I meet. I'm just gonna bring me to the show and it's up to them if they want to accept me or otherwise. Same thing now that I'm in TP.

I know I've got to step up my game this semester.

The modules.

Statistics. The look of it a little scary but if I keep plugging away, I'll do fine. The lecturer is the 'stick-up-her-butt' kind and my lec group has to face her for all the lecs and not a rotating team of lecturers like other modules.

MicroEcons is like...MacroEcons. Let's hope I can start on the project a lot earlier than I did for Macro.

Bus Accounting2.The 'bitch' subject for me last semester cos I couldn't get motivated for it. The tag it had seems to have been potentially usurped by Bus Stats as the 'bitch' subject. I've got to worker harder at this cos I can do well if I do. Last sem, I was oh-so-lazy to even do tutorial questions. No wonder I did average for the exam.

Principles of Management (PrinMgt). This is something similar to Organizational Behavior.Should be pretty standard stuff.

Lastly, Sociology. My elective. Yeah, I was told that this would be a fun subject. (Even though I'd very much still rather have French or Creative Writing or Understanding Theater). My tutor is someone whose real job is being a curator at the National Museum. She majored in Political Science at NUS. So that's motivation for me, Political Science. The subject is fun, it makes us think. I like.

I have the same number of hours as the previous sem but somehow it seems more slack.

I've made it work even better but attending other lectures not assigned to me so that I only have 2 days that I finish after 1.

Monday and Thursday. The latter is THAT day where I have 4 hours of lessons.

The first is at 9-11. (Prin Mgt tutorial)

4-6. (Socio tutorial)

5 hour break. Righhhhhhttt....

And they're both tutorials so I can't escape by rearranging them like I do with my afternoon Wednesday lectures.

I wish I could take all the electives I want. Other than those mentioned above, I also wanna take Art Appreciation. More specifically, Film Appreciation ( they don't have it, it falls under Art Appreciation)

Movie-analyzing & critiquing. That's perfect for me.

Can I just pass the year by taking electives?? Haha.

Still wondering I can get into Dramatec, waiting for news on that. Hopefully by Sunday night I'll know.

I don't know why but I can't wait to watch Man Utd's game this weekend. I want to go get friends' birthday presents as well.

Most importantly, continue the story I'm writing. I hope for progress this weekend.

Might bring my laptop on Monday. (Damn, I forgot to check the school for comfy places with Internet access and a power point that I can plug into. I think I need to go configure my system to the school's proxy first to be able to access the Internet.

With the laptop I can, do my work and projects, watch Heroes2 & PB3 while on break at school and continue with my story. Now, I won't be able to say that school has kept me busy and kept me away from my story.

Oh, oh, lastly, MIC boys&girls are performing at ITE Simei on Thursday. 245pm. I'll be able to come and watch cos of my 5 hour break. Though, I wish it would be like at 2 or something cos I'd probably have to rush back for Socio tutorial at 4. I'll leave at around 330 and probably cab back. Even if Simei is rather near to TP, I'd have to rush cos I'll only be planning to leave at 330.

I think some minister or government dude will be watching the play so that will be great motivation for the cast to do well. They're mostly made up of seniors so they know what to do.

Just a thought. I sound cool about school and all but this could all be first-week enthusiasm. It could dissipate over the next few weeks. Lets hope not. Even if I does, lets hope not too quickly.

Wow, this has been a long one. Maybe not super-long but it seems to talk a lot about certain things.

P.S. - (11.40PM) I was watching American Gangster when the thing froze on me.

Noooo!! "#%$*!!"

There is one cool scene where Denzel Washington was eating at a diner with his brothers, he sees this guy walking down the street. This guy had been refusing to pay him for the drugs he bought cos he thinks he's cool and doesn't respect Denzel. Denzel goes up to him, asks. He refuses. Denzel takes out a gun, puts it to the guy's head and the guy says...

"What Frank? (Denzel's character) You gonna shoot me? Right here in front of all this people?"

Without saying a word, BOOM! Denzel shoots the guy in the head. In the middle of the street, in front of everyone, in broad daylight. Takes his money and leaves.

Badass. Denzel is a badass.

I must watch the rest of the movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home