Monday, November 19, 2007

What's Really On Your Mind?

Hopefully I'll keep it going.

Today, I declined heading to lunch because I had a great urge to go and tie up what I just learned in an Accounts lecture. So, I headed straight for the library alone and stuck to my guns, I tried to finish up some tutorial questions left undone and tried the latest tutorial exercise.

Later, I even went to ask the teacher to clarify the parts I didn't understand. I hardly do that. Usually, I'll ask for a quick explanation from my friends or just leave it and not ask at all.

So, this is new. I hope it lasts. Quite a timely change in attitude given that the mid-sems are only about 3 weeks away.

Saw a place online with casting calls for student films and indie films but unfortunately they're mostly looking for Chinese actors. Unfortunate, but I'll keep a look out on that site.

I have T.I.'s latest album in my hard disk. Close friends would know that he's been a favourite of mine for quite a while now.

There's been a lot of hype about this one titled ,"T.I. vs T.I.P.". He was also rated by an MTV braintrust as the 2nd hottest rapper in the game at the moment, behind Lil' Wayne and I won't argue. He's got the perfect blend of swagger and hard hitting lyrics. He's been guesting on a couple of hot tracks as well, like JT's My Love, DJ Khaled's "We Taking Over" & Nicole Scherzinger's "Whatever U Like"

He's currently under house arrest, upcoming trial for illegal possession of arms. Not a good role model, I know. But the music is way good. Good hip hop is good hip hop, the rest don't really matter to me. I listen to him almost every other day.

I have a couple of abstract thoughts.

Look at our lives. How 'Wisteria Lane' is it? (Wisteria Lane is where the story of 'Desperate Housewives is set. I don't watch it but I know enough)

Everything seems so fine, so happy. All smiles.

Have you ever wondered? I think we don't wonder for everybody cos we simply aren't able to be that selfless. We all have to think about ourselves in our daily lives, we have to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others, right?

So, since we don't literally wonder about everybody, I ask you to look at those around you. Whether it be someone you care deeply about or someone you interact with often for him/her to be a significant part of your daily life, just sometimes, pause and think, 'Are they masking themselves?'

Everybody masks their true emotions but some more than others.

Beneath that lovely smile that they show to the world, are they hurting?

I think too many times, we have taken that proverbial smile to be the truth and not stopped to take a closer and harder look to actually see that underneath it all lies a hidden range of emotions afraid to be let out so as not to display that person's weakness.

My point is simple, next time, take a closer look at that someone that you care about or someone that you interact with enough to reach a certain personal enough level, see if they are hiding hurt inside. Show sincere concern but not too much of course, it'll be too weird.

Just enough concern.

They may be thinking that no one cares and they have to carry a burden on the inside but maybe your show of concern may show them that they're not really alone and they might just have someone to go to if they want. They know that someone cares enough about them to bother to find out what they're really feeling.

Try that. It just might make them feel less alone. Even just by a bit, that's better than nothing and they'll appreciate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home