Saturday, November 03, 2007

Out N About

Missed Friday's Micro lecture. But apparently I was told that I didn't miss much. I did miss some stuff but they hadn't moved on to a new topic like I thought they would.

So after the last lecture and Friday prayers, met a mate and had lunch at the nearby mall. I still had loads of time to kill before Dramatec so he suggested we head back and slack with the rest of the guys.

So I did and time passed faster than I thought.

Right, so this is where it gets interesting.

I headed over back to school, unaware of how things were gonna be like at my first day of Dramatec.

I had a friend bring me in so at least I didn't go in there on my own.

Everyone was pretty nice and friendly. It was rather chaotic in there. Everyone was making jokes or just being slack and messing around.

It may me that I was kind of looking forward to this but there was something comforting about the atmosphere, even though I was new. In some way, I was reminded of how Mic was. I could see the fun.

So they made us sit down and they had some instructions for the year 2's who were going to have a show in about 2 weeks.

Their piece is very abstract. Not straightforward stuff.

So after that the year 1's (us) went to another studio room for our training. This is where it got really fun for me.

We we told to start walking around the room. At first I though it was the
freeze frame' game like we do in Mic but it wasn't. I'm not gonna explain what it was cos it's too long and you wouldn't get it unless I was standing in front of you or you were there yourself to see it. It was abstract stuff again. It was about making us feel aware of all the body parts that we use while acting on stage.

After that we were told to think of a character and continue that exercise.

Next we were to write down characteristics of our character.

Then we were told to act out a short scene with it and then later, answer questions from the rest while in character. I guess the questions meant that we had to add depth, history to our character so that we might have to be answerable for our character's actions. We had to justify why we acted that way and why did we do things the way our character did.

Haha, actually I had always dreamed how fun it would be to act like a mafioso.

A mafia man.

Just like someone from one of my favourite movies, "The Godfather". Don Michael Corleone, played by a young Al Pacino. Of course, I didn't rip it off wholesale, I just used it to inspire me for my own dialogue.

I even got away with swearing. Lol. I know it's bad but I'm a mafia mob boss, am I not?

Way cool. An acting fantasy fulfilled in the first session.

=)

Made friends easy. Could say I already have two more, other than the one I already had from PACE who was also in drama.

Looking forward to the next session on Friday.

The thing about Dramatec is they are run by the seniors, the students. With a teacher-advisor.

And here we were at Mic, making much fuss about the fact that Mic's T-Day show was run and made by students.

Right, right. I was feeling feverish so I took pills. Ended up waking up way too late for PACE. Which made me feel like shit cos I REALLY didn't want to miss PACE and let them have a negative impression of me. Still feeling funny inside so I went over to the doctor's.

Later, I went to D'XO with Wahida and Amir (a Mic freshie, a nice bloke) to go see our Mic mates who had a gig.

Of course, I do listen to modern rock, bands like Avenged Sevenfold and The Used. But I'm not a local music aficionado. If my friends weren't playing at D'XO I probably wouldn't be there.

People who don't fancy live rock can say that it's dumb cos the music's too loud, you don't hear the lyrics and what the vocalist is singing. Doesn't help if the band is screamo-ish. But there is a way to appreciate live rock music. And it really helped that D'XO had a professional sound system which made hearing the music easier.

Miasma (my friends' band)kicked ass. They were my CCA-mates from Mic. The bassist and the vocalist. I met another one of them before too. Think he played lead guitar, not sure. Liked their first song a cover of No Doubt. "Spiderwebs" I think, was the title.

The band before them, played my favorite song from Avenged Sevenfold. It's one of the songs where you don't understand the lyrics cos the vocalist would be screaming. But the guitar and drums are totally killer.

Headed over to Shaw Towers to check in on Farah and got a free try at the Toffee Nut Iced Blended." Nice.

Went home, got my hard disk, when to a mate's house and loaded loads of movies plus a few TV series from his comp. Will spend lots of time watching. Especially for when I have to stay back in school. A lot of stuff but it only took about 11GB of space. Still 100GB left which caused my mate to lament that he's thinking about getting a hard disk with more space.

Met more mates, went for dinner with them, headed back home just in time for Man Utd v Arsenal which ended in a fair 2-2 draw. Fun match.

Fun day. Fun 2 days.

And tomorrow, I'm out of the house early to go house-visiting with Mic people. Hopefully another fun day.

Before I go to sleep, will go ahead and finish watching American Gangster,which I got from my mate, which cruelly froze on me the last time I was nicely watching it online.

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home