Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Don't Wanna Be (Anything Else, Only A Better Me)

My biggest enemy is procrastination.

And it is colluding with my poor time management skills to prevent me from doing what I want to do.

The POM project is taking up most of my time. My group member just came down a with a case of chicken pox. Go figure. Another's also been sick for the past 2 days.

And damn, I have to lower my ego. Cos I need help for my Accounts. I need to ask for help. I'm particularly weak on the 'Depreciation', etc topics. I have no idea what 'amortization' concept is all about.(Cos I was sick and didn't come for the lecture)

Man United game on tonight. So, I'll stay up, do the project and catch a power nap in between. Already slept in the afternoon so I'm okay with burning the proverbial candle at both ends.

I'll go for my 1 hour lecture tomorrow, continue my POM project with my groupmates and then go home to sleep.

I wish I could just sit down and worry about nothing else (neither tutorials nor projects) but the treatment that I plan to submit to Dramatec. I wanna do it before I lose a couple of great ideas bouncing around in my head.

Hmm, I guess I'm content with my life. It is sufficient. I placate myself by saying it could be worse. But I also know it could be better.

Growing up, certain peers in my environment impressed upon me that I wouldn't amount to much.

But I think I've defied certain odds to get to where I am. If I listened to my detractors, I probably wouldn't have gotten very far.

So, when people tell me to ease up or tell me something won't happen or something can't be done, a part of me disagrees. I know, being smart is knowing when to back away but taking risks requires a certain degree of foolishness.

If the risk pays off, you'll look bloody brilliant. If it doesn't, then you'll look daft. Well, I figure, if I'm gonna look daft anyway, I might as well go down fighting and give it a decent shot.

And for the whole day, for some reason, my browser hasn't been able to access Movieforumz. I can't get my weekly dose of Heroes. Bollocks.

Random thought. Just for fun people, I'm not (that) delusional. But, suppose, if life had to be anything on TV, what would it be?

I think the more interesting answer would be Heroes or something like that. But, I think I would like my life to be something from the show 'One Tree Hill'. Teen dynamics with a touch of realism and a dash of maturity and a sprinkle of vulnerability. (For those who watch, I obviously like the 'Brucas' saga and I see a fair bit of 'Mouth' in me as well)

Well then again, my choice could be so because I was listening to Gavin Degraw's (he sang the show's theme song) 'Follow Through' when I came up with the random thought. So, maybe it wasn't that random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home