Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Thoughts: A Dollar Apiece (Due To Inflation)

I don't know if this is cos of me having been schooling for so long but I've noticed a certain trend, if you will, about myself.

I seem to need a little injection and variety in my life or else I will get bored with the monotony of school. Of course, I'm talking about variety of the positive kind. Nobody wishes for ill luck upon themselves though perhaps, under the most extenuating of circumstances.

What I'm trying to say is, every now and again, I need a piece of good news to perk me up and keep me going, like my own shot of caffeine. A memorable outing with friends, a financial windfall or a new and different experience from a new activity, event or place.

I guess you could say life keeps me going. A fun life. I'm not the most outgoing person. I wouldn't be the first guy to volunteer to jump out of a moving plane in the air. But, neither can I stand rotting away at home for days on end.

I'll be like, I gotta get out.

And after the midsems I might. There's gonna be a student's party at 'The Arena' at Clarke Quay on the 16th. It doesn't matter to me that it's a students party, I would have gone even if is wasn't. As in it's not even a factor for me.

I'm still considering whether or not to go but I just might cos it seems rather fitting to commemorate the end of the midsems with a 'small' party. Also, it is my friend's show, he is the DJ for the night. So I might be going. Even though I have a PACESetters year-end party the next evening.

It's been hard to get movies since my usual source closed down but I've compensated for that by searching more extensively and I guess I'm fine now.

It seems that Season 2 or 'Volume 2' of Heroes has ended. With the Writers' Guild of America (WGA) still on their never-ending strike, Season 3 will be delayed, regardless of whether the NBC programmers wanted it or not.

Many shows and movies have been affected. As a consumer or viewer or whatever, it does get annoying to know that your favourite shows will be late while coming back. Already, I've had to deal with Prison Break being on hiatus. But that's a planned one rather than one affected by the strike. Let's hope they've written enough to see the show through the end of the strike.

I can understand the writers' gripes. Some of the stuff they come up with is really good and they're really good but they're not getting a part of the money that the networks get from online ads and shows and other online stuff. And, apparently, it is a LOT of money. All the writers' want is a fair share of revenue earned.

Okay, enough of the Hollywood update.

I did my Sociology class test today(10%). Only stared studying it an hour and a half before. If I'm lucky, I can pass.Which is just fine for me. It is just 10% of my final grade and I did just study an hour and a half before.

Oh, I wish that real life imitated reel life more. If that's a fool's wish, then call me a fool.

Which part do I want to be like the movies? Those times, where you see the girl but too fleetingly. A short sighting of her, a chance encounter that left a lot of impact on you, stuff like that. And you want to meet again. In reel life, the guy always does. He'll go looking for her or, fate may put them together again. Unfortunately, not in real life.

Oh and the reason I put this excerpt of '2 Step Bhangra' in my blog is cos I can't get it out of my head and I hope by listening to it more/too often, I'll get sick of it sooner rather than later.

Off to sleep, than up in the AM to mug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home