Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Thankful

I don't know what's wrong with me today. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's something.

Maybe it's just that I'm so tired of feeling so overwhelmed. School isn't that bad actually, other than the fact that I'm scrambling for midsems.

But still, I was feeling fine this morning but then as the day wore I just got more and more weary. Not physically, just mentally.

I so want to do the script idea for Dramatec. But school projects, tutorials and revisions are keeping me occupied. I'm not even sure I can commit to MIC's orientation prep work until the 14th.

Yesterday's studying was a good start and I should continue with that.

I loaned out my hard disk drive to Nareeza. I don't know how long she'll keep it but I guess I wouldn't mind if she kept it till after the midsems. It would be a major distraction and I'd only be watching my movies and listening to music instead of studying.

So, I guess it was good that I loaned it out to her. No worries for her though, I know she's the kind of person that is sensible enough to put off the movies she wants to watch till after the midsems.

I also loaned her my book. As in, the book that has my story inside. For a particular reason she hasn't read it yet but bygones are bygones so now she will.

I'm still a little bummed out and I still don't know why. Maybe it really is nothing more than mental exhaustion with the school term. Burnout. I know, I know, some people who go through same or worse things than me as a poly student say that I ain't got shit on their stress. Yeah, I have my stress levels and they have theirs.

I wish I could meet all the different people I know. As in my different social groups. During the midsem break. Cos if I can't get to do that then all my pent up stress will remain caged and I'll just rot away at home. But that's after the midsems. Probably best that I get the midsems over with first.

It totally bites to see your friends in conflict.

Thinking about this fact lets me put things in perspective.

I think what made me feel good after last night and this morning was the fact that I was thankful. Thankful to the Almighty that he allowed something to be saved, something I thought lost. To juxtapose this 'feelgood' thing that I have against the conflict that I see going around me, it really drives home the point that I should be thankful.

Hopefully, having realized how good I got it and how bad others have it (not that I take joy from their sorrow, just that it makes me appreciate my situation more) will make me feel good and get me this out of my blue funk.

Something is bothering my friend. I can see it. But I daren't ask. It might be a sensitive subject. But I'd dearly wish she wouldn't be afraid to open up to me. It sucks to see her confused about how she feels. Well, if she chooses to, I'll be there for her. If not, well...it is her prerogative.

Right, I'm off to a mate's to go get the Socio textbook off his hands. When I get back, more studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home