Saturday, December 15, 2007

Afterburners Burned Out

When I woke up, the weather today, seemed to be a fair reflection of how I feel.

It was bright but there was always a hint of rain coming along. The skies got darker and darker before the downpour came somewhere near 6pm.

I'm not tired but at the same time, neither do I have the same levels of energy that I usually have on normal days.

Blame it on last night's exertions.

All-nighters leave my body feeling all-screwed up. I feel surreal, weird and this is cos when I'm heading home, I see people who are just starting their day, all fresh and I haven't ended mine. I'm no stranger to all-nighters but it still takes some getting used to.

Last night was all right. The live band was pretty cool. The rapper looked like a 50 Cent wannabe and 'Keri Hilson' was also there.

The rapper 'borrowed' my dogtag when they were performing Gangsta's Paradise. Haha. He even had a fake gun with him. Don't worry, he returned it after. The crowd was strong but I could feel the vibe weaken by 330+.But it was still pretty good.

We left the club at 4plus, not before we ended of with the very good party classic that is House Of Pain's 'Jump Around'. Yeah, old school.

We walked elsewhere to grab a bite. Well, I was too lazy to eat so I just grabbed a drink of Milo.

My mate's brother was nearby so we joined him till the club closed at 6. The couch at the club was so comfortable that I closed my eyes for a bit. Yes, I could do that even with the loud music. That's how drained I was.

We walked out looking for a cab but as luck would have it, we were very near Clarke Quay MRT so we just took that home.

Reached home at 720. Used the laptop for a bit and was asleep by 8am.

I woke up at 1plus, close to 2.

I don't know how people do this every weekend.

On Thursday,after the last paper, I went to celebrate a friend's birthday at a mate's house and went home late. I had just come from town after looking for a new white top and a scarf.

Last night was the club.

And now, with it only being Saturday, I don't think I have much energy left for Sunday.There's a good chance that I won't stay up too late tonight.

I didn't want to plant myself in front of the computer the whole day cos it seems so wasteful but like I mentioned, I had no energy to go out. I was supposed to go back to town today to purchase the top and scarf I had scouted but I shelved that. So, I decided to stay at home and promised myself that I would do something productive, even if just a little bit. So, here's this post and also I'll do a little bit of school projects later.

I seem whiny here about having no energy but I actually realize that I shouldn't be complaining. I did want a varied lifestyle right?

So, this is one of the things that make my life a little bit more interesting.

I wouldn't recommend frequent exposure to the clubbing lifestyle to younger parties unless it's really what they want and they are sure they can handle it.

I mean, I think that living this way will expose us to the seedier and less savory aspects of life, ie, funny behaviour and all the stuff that happens in the nightlife scene. But I think it's also a positive experience in the sense that it will help me learn about people and life and how to deal with different people in life and have more knowledge of things, something I wouldn't know about if I were to be sitting at home every day and every night.

Some of my mates are going to have a kickabout at the soccer court and I was supposed to go as well but with the way I'm feeling, fuhgedaboutit! They may have the energy but that's them, but not me.

Right, that's about it. I'll continue feeling discombobulated for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home