Thursday, January 17, 2008

Digging In For The Hard Fight

Everyone's feeling the squeeze. I know not of the situations in other institutions like MI and the JC's but I think that I can safely say that the ITE and poly students, except maybe for RP, is in a slight panic mode.

There is a countless number of us out there, fretting over project deadlines (and some of us, gasp! exams!!) and filled with dread at the possibility that we might not meet the various project requirements. This is perhaps the most strenuous part of any school project. This is the moment where schoolwork takes a slight backseat to that deadline.

Oh, to be honest, I don't know how other students are feeling. But it seems impossible that I'm the only one feeling whacked out from so many projects.

For those of you who only need to move at a cantering pace while the masses run about like maddened fools (in our minds anyway), you are to be saluted for you have mastered time management and beaten the eternal enemy of the student: procrastination.

Do note that I do not claim to have the most difficult project nor the heaviest of schedules. I am just lamenting together with my brethren about the pressure we face at this time of the year.

I am making noise because it is my burden. As heavy a burden seems to be to an onlooker, none feels its weight more than the one carrying the burden.

I'm taking a risk but I have to. I'm planning to sleep soon. And wake up at 3 to start on a part of my Micro project. I am simply calculating that there is no way that I can do it now, go to sleep and wake up for school which ends at 1, finish up projects till 6, before going for drama (if there is a session this week).

I could do that but I will be drained down to the tips of my hair and have nothing left by the end of the day.

The weekend will be further spent on finishing up the Micro project and doing other projects for other modules.

My plans for going to Xplosion @ Ngee Ann Poly Open House to watch Great Spy Experiment and other cool bands on Saturday have now officially gone up in smoke.

And trust me when I say that some of my peers have it worse then me. I feel for you guys.

To end on a positive note, today was the prelim consultation for my Sociology project.Even though it was last minute, we all did our parts well enough to earn the highest mark in the class of 9.5% out of 10%.

Yes, I fully realize it's only out of a measly 10%. But I'll rejoice in the smallest of victories, a slight relief while dealing with life in these dire times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home