Sunday, March 16, 2008

Silverscreen Indulgence

Felt woozy earlier on in this serene Saturday afternoon. So I took a nap and now I'm wide awake in the humid wee hours of Sunday.

Friday was a bit of all right, to be honest. I had to wake up earlier at 9 but the eyes refused to shut once they opened at 830 so I had to deal with the now unfamiliar feeling of being up while the sun was still in the east.

Caught Step Up 2 with Wahida. Close friends know I've been moaning about this show since I saw the trailer late last year. So it was nice to finally catch it and put and end to all the hype.I was proud to say that I managed to resist all temptations to watch an online copy. Except for one moment of weakness where I watched the 1st 5 minutes of the movie before forcing myself to close the window.

It was great. The moves were slick, mad, crazy and just plain sick. The supporting cast made the show quirky and nice. The chemistry between the two leads wasn't as great as in the first movie.It's no fault of the actors. I think it was a plot flaw. But having said that, while Rob Hoffman is a decent guy, Channing Tatum just exudes incomparable charisma. The dance was better than in the first movie. But that was expected, given that that this was totally more street while the first one was tainted with a more classical aspect; which was almost completely ignored or even made fun of in this 2nd movie.

Since this movie was all street, I thought it would have been crazier had Channing Tatum been in the 2nd movie instead of the first one. About 10 minutes of screentime, 3 of which was dance, showed his influence. He totally killed his dance routine and I shudder in excitement trying to imagine how it would have been liked if he had, for example, teamed up with the 2 leads in a surprise plot twist, or even the lead role instead of Rob. The latter still did a decent job though.

That trio together would have been a sight to behold.

Oh and Briana Evigan is way, WAY cuter than Jenna Dewan. Yeah, she may have a slight tummy and not have washboard abs but that just means she looks more like a real girl, instead of a generic Hollywood girl. As for Jenna vs Briana, it's just a matter of personal taste, innit?

I reached home later and chatted with Shuoke about the movie on MSN. All it did was make me want to go watch the movie again. I wouldn't mind paying again.I especially want to see how Channing ended his dance routine again, it was just mad creative.

Right after the movie we were supposed to have a MIC meeting but that was canned so I went to meet with the mates, with the intention of just staying for a while.

But one thing let to another and believe it or not, I was on course to watch Step Up 2 twice in a day! This time, with the mates. And that would have happened, had we found out that the timings weren't suitable.

So I ended up watching Leap Years. It was slow-paced and I found it hard to believe and feel the emotion portrayed in the movie. I usually leave my skepticism at the door but this time it was with me as I watched the movie. I did enjoy it in parts but unfortunately I failed to see what the hype was all about. Maybe it was the accented English and or the story flow but I just didn't feel it.

Now, don't accuse me for being having an unfeeling ego. I was more than affected whilst watching A Walk To Remember and numerous times after.

I would have gladly paid to watch Step Up 2 again instead of Leap Years.

Dad was having dinner with the family and I met them to get a ride home.It was a long, tiring day and I was glad to get home.

I'm dead serious when I say I want to watch Step Up 2 again.

Oh, the Jabbawockeez had a minor role in the movie. They're the group that's tearing up the MTV show, 'America's Best Dance Crew'. Videos are hard to come by. Viacom, who owns MTV, gets them removed from Youtube within a week of being posted. So you have to be fast to see them.

Don't know what to do tomorrow. Been saving a bit of cash, so hopefully I don't spend too much tomorrow and keep the frugality going. Spent a bit more than I would have liked so I'm looking to save a bit. But if the plans are decent, I will probably be up for whatever that comes.

P/S It's 5am and I am nowhere near feeling sleepy. I must be mad, listening and even lip-syncing to Donna Summer, Richard Marx, Meatloaf and other soppy-centered artistes.Oh good, I've just starting sneezing. I hope it goes on long enough for me to have an excuse to take a flu pill and fall asleep faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home