Thursday, March 13, 2008

Surprised & Unorganized

It struck again.

The anonymous and seemingly innocuous SMS. Received when the phone was switched back on after it was 'off' charging.

My initial reaction upon seeing a very unfamiliar number was a quizzical one along the lines of "Who the feck is this?"

That first clueless wonderment was quickly followed by an audible gasp as I realized the cold truth in the message. There it was, looking ever so casual like any other SMS sent by a mate, were my exam results.

Having been surprised the previous semester, I should have been prepared this time round but I wasn't. They had sent the results a day earlier than I had expected.

Flat Bs all round rounded off by a miserly D+. I had expected the latter but it was disappointing to not see any As or B-plusses present.The GPA dropped.I was bitching about it to myself the whole day but after talking to a friend, I decided that I should practice what I preach. Suck it up and deal with it, look on the damn bright side.

Right after, I cleaned up my room and it is now devoid of school-related clutter and I also rather beamingly declare it the neatest it can possibly get under my watch. Guess I better enjoy it while it lasts.

The chances of conditions remaining the same during the next semester are about as great as me finding a girlfriend within the next 5 months. Gee, now I don't know which one to be more depressed about.

No actually, just kidding. Well, at least I think so. Hmmm...

Watch the trailer of 'The Forbidden Kingdom' yet? Jackie Chan & Jet Li in the same movie? I'm sure I can't be faulted for expecting a great gongfu movie when I go to see it.

I've had this more than decent story plot running round in my head for days and I was rather frustrated that when I went to type it out, I found that I'm trying to shove in too many plot points, making it a convoluted mess.

So tomorrow, I hope to meet up with an equally creative mate, to see if he might be able to help me sort this all out.

I know some people may wonder why I talk so much about writing a story like it's a big deal.

To be honest, it's a bit of an ego trip. Writing allows me to tell stories that would sound weird coming from me straight. Some of it is inspired by real-life feelings and musings I've had and some are made up. Which is which? That's for others to figure out.

One thing for sure, whatever I come up with, is related somehow to what I see, hear and do or have done upon me.

Some people have songs, others poems, perhaps blogs and diaries. Writing a story is just another way of doing all that.Well, I've got to write the damn story first.

Speaking of stories, way proud of someone who got appointed to lead recently. I not only believe she's going to do it well, she's going to do so well she's going be kicking ass and taking names. Figuratively, of course.

Now, why can't I do anything like that?

Oh, I am not jealous. Far from it. In fact, I'm feeling quite chuffed for someone who throughly deserves it. She hasn't been getting the breaks despite putting in loads of effort. This added responsibility also gives her a chance to be recognized for those efforts. Again, I'm very proud of her, even though I don't really have a right to be.

As for myself, I'm just doing a little introspection, asking myself why is it that I am not reaching those heights that I know I want to reach?

Why is it that I now find myself stranded in a sea of own mediocrity and stink of the average?

That's fine for others maybe, and that's their prerogative. But I've been average all my life and I think a change for the better is long overdue.

Maybe I see writing these stories as my best shot at breaking from the pack and standing out.

I'm not doing it for anybody's approval or to gain infamy, though it would be nice to bring a smile to those who give a damn about me, with news of my success; in whatever form that may be.I'm doing it so that I can tell myself that I did do it. Even if I didn't make the cut, I could live with myself knowing I gave my best shot.

I've got 2 story-plots with me now. I know that in them, I can mould a great story out of each of them.

With too much time spent daydreaming and an overactive imagination, I've got to have at least one decent story in there.

And I'll end off with these NEW videos of 2 groups from America's Best Dance Crew. There are other groups but these 2 are my favourite and also people's favourites to make it to the final two. Go check out the other groups if you want, on Youtube.

It's a tribute week to Michael Jackson's 25th Anniversary of the release of the legendary album Thriller.

Jabbawockeez #5



Kaba Modern #5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home