Saturday, April 26, 2008

Temporary Highs

I'm rather downcast and doubtful right now.

Not really sad or unhappy outright.

More like disappointed.

United lost to Chelsea, putting their hold on the title in considerable doubt.

I'm displeased with myself for missing chances to do fun, creative things while others are able to do so and have a ball of a time.

Like missing the GSE concert at the Esplanade. I look set to miss out on the We Will Rock You musical as well. It's ending it's run this Sunday night.

I'm sure there were others that I missed out as well.

In place of that, is nothing but well, 'nothing'. Just mundane days, doing things I have to do, totally missing out on what I want to do.

I believe there has be to be a fair balance. Or at least 75% 'have' and 25% 'want'.

There are others out there who take advantage of the rights that come along with being youth and have absorb as much fun as they can out of life.

There are also others that choose to sit and let life pass them by but I'm not going to talk about them.

I know that my life can be more than what it is now. More fun, more fulfilling, more varied.

But, I know that life as a young adult today is by no means a cakewalk. Life's tough enough as it is, the least I/we should be able to do is do the things we want to do to alleviate the stress/boredom of life.

But I don't feel like I'm doing that.

So while others do and grow from strength to strength, (cos the fun they have gives them energy to deal with life) I'm stuck in monotony which I very much dislike.

I know the things that I can do to change that. But I'm having trouble putting it all together.

To put it in layman's terms,

I want my life to be more happening, can?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home