Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lean On Me

Pretty low-key day today.

Did take a grateful car ride down to a mall in town. Just to check out new phones and new pair of sneaks.

All part of 'back-to-school' necessities.

And I need a new phone. A new music phone. Otherwise, if you're not careful, you might find me passed out from boredom in the bus one day on the way back from school.

A new pair of sneaks is a need and not just a want this time round.

Just one class tomorrow, which ends at 2.

I'm not going to waste time trying to speculate how my new classmates are going to be like, I'm just going to wait it out and see how tomorrow unfolds.

I have to be back at 6 for Dramatec but in between, I thought of heading to town to look for fancy-schmansy school supplies. Like notebooks and other similar stuff.

Maybe this will delude me into thinking that going back to face the droning monotony of school is a good thing.

Kinda like tricking a stubborn child to get him to bathe by giving him lollies and sweets.

Maybe I'll see more sneaks and a couple of 'back-to-school' threads that I could plan to buy some other time.

Hopefully my mate is well enough to tag along and we do with a bit of Starbuckin'.

Doing Starbucks in town is nice. We get to chill and people-watch.

I think I may be due to write a good ol' letter soon. The pen and paper kind. Why? Just cos I want to. It's not really to be given to anyone...yet.

And no, it's not a suicide note.

Maybe I'll write it with on my new fancy writing pad. Righhht...

There are at least 3 people who I know that are feeling solitary/discouraged/down.

I've been neglecting one and I can't even reach the other two (but I do know they feel down)

Times like these, I really wish I could be there for them.

I want to be.

But circumstances prevent me from doing so. If there were ways around them, I would have taken that road already.

I don't really believe in horoscopes but I can' help but marvel at their relevance at times. Especially after realizing what I realized and typed above about the occasional fragility of those that I know.

Libra (Sep 23 - Oct 22)

The Bottom Line

Trying out new social circles is fine -- just don't lose sight of old friendships.

In Detail

Skipping around from new social circle to new social circle is fun. It's also necessary -- after all, it's good to explore new activities and interesting new hot spots. But just make sure you don't lose sight of your tried and true friendships in the process. After all, you don't want to seem like you're being faithless, or too eager to replace old friendships with new ones. Being acquisitive about material goods is one thing; being acquisitive when it comes to friends is quite another.

No need to tell me, I already know.

Since I already know, I'm gonna try my best to be there when I'm needed.

Even for some others, who don't really need me around, I'm gonna stick around just in case they ever do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home