Monday, April 14, 2008

"No Drama", Says The Newly-Mellowed Man

I've been putting this one off for ages.

Initially it was gonna be a wordy one, filled with details of what happened during what was undoubtedly the most hectic week of my life since the days that MIC was involved in the national competition 2 years ago. But I'm gonna leave out a fair bit.


Mic Sleepover

Mostly work, mostly during the 1st day.

Unspectacular yet pleasant grad night for the graduating batch.

Did not sleep from Monday through to the wee hours of Wednesday morning, not much help to my still-recovering sinuses and cough. Succumbed to a sleep-inducing cough mixture.

Reached home Wednesday night. Grabbed a few hours of sleep.

Got up just in time to see Man Utd score the solitary goal in the game against Roma. Went back to sleep, got up, packed and left for TP.

TP Arts Leaders Induction Camp

Fun and eye-opening. The throat and cough were running amok.

People from the other arts group are a decent bunch.

Highlights include laser gun wars at night. Dragon-boating, a first for me, finished off the programme of activities.

In between were 4 modules of theory, 2 of which I found very useful.

Especially the first one on stage presence. To receive a thumbs up on stage presence (apparently I have it) is nice.

In fact, I'll openly admit that it boosted my ego. But, by openly admitting it, I think it lessens the chance of me getting carried away with it, right?

Anyway, it's just a small thing. A small thing that I appreciate getting.

By the end of the 5th day of camp (in total) I was sick of drama and drama people, I needed a break.

Even though I only slept in TP this 1st time, it already has something over ITE Bishan.

It has hot water showers. I appreciate not having deal with spasm-like shivers in the morning.

I got home and savoured the fact that I was sleeping in my own bed.

Even then, I couldn't sleep in.

Silly me, I went to slack at a mate's meaning to leave by 2am. I ended up getting on the bus at 615am and slept at 7am. Woke up at 11. Went to a Dramatec meeting at 11 (drama again!) till 3. Even if I had places to go after, there was only one place on my mind.

My bed at home.

To round off the week, I went to Shaw Towers to mooch off Farah for free drinks at Starbucks with a mate. Got home to wait for the United game against Arsenal

Sweated out a nervy game but I managed to go to sleep happy.

A full week. In every way.I said in my last post that I shouldn't look at this last week as a week of under-exertion. Fate ensured that I could do no such thing.

It's not that I dislike drama or drama people. Quite the contrary. I just think that 6 days of drama-related activities is a severe case of overkill.

So that was the round up of that crazy week. Will be back with the usual, thoughts of this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home