Monday, June 04, 2007

BOLLOCKS!

"Bollocks" is a word of Anglo Saxon origin, meaning testicles in British English and in Hiberno-English. The word is often used figuratively, most commonly as a noun to mean "nonsense" or as an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, but also in a number of other ways: as an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless", as a noun to mean "top quality" or "perfection" (e.g., "That bike is the dog's bollocks!"), and in various compound expressions (see below). Owing to its versatility, bollocks has been called the Swiss Army knife of andrological profanities, in that it is the most versatile word in the English language."

Dear readers, today we will be expressing the abovementioned term in the negative sense.

I just don't believe today and what went down. Macroeconomics was supposed to be my 'bankable' paper. It was the paper that I knew I could score in.One look through the paper left me with a good feeling.It was tricky but I felt that I had all the bases covered.

I was merrily going through the paper and I did skip a part or two just so I could finish up the easier parts.I was looking for the clock but I couldn't find one located in the LT.I just didn't notice it.I thought I had adequate time.

It turns out I didn't.As a result,I've lost a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 marks.

Not counting any other mistakes to the work that I did complete.Thank God I skipped ahead to cover some heavier questions or I would have lost a considerable bit more.

When the call came out to put pens down and hand in the papers,I was in shock.

"WHOA, WHAT? I STILL GOT A BIT HERE...."

Nothing else I could do.

But this is absolute bollocks mate!

THIS IS THE PAPER THAT I KNEW I COULD SCORE IN! AND JUST LIKE THAT I DROPPED DOWN TO A 'B' GRADE.NOT EVEN A B PLUS!!

I was pretty inscenced with myself.To not finish it for lack of revision is one thing but not to finish because of lack of time is pure and utter claptrap! ESPECIALLY WHEN I KNOW I CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING!!!

I know,people will say that I should have made it a point to finish faster and in hindsight they would probably be right.But I don't care.

This is one of those things that are supposed to be quite trivial but it ended up affecting my grade!

I was just unhappy with myself.Cursing myself under my breath.I let my mate know as well when I met him.

Kinda forgot about it after a while but when I returned home and was having my shower,I let myself have it.

Every expletive that I knew in every language came flying out.

The favourites were 'bollocks,mate' and 'puta'(Spanish)

Not a good day for me...

12 to 15 marks gone just like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home