Saturday, March 03, 2007

Night Of The Drama Kings & Queens

Pretty good things have happened since the last post.

We're out of purgatory.Marketing project is over and done with.

Presentation went well enough.

Then came the onslaught.This particular teacher is a stickler when it comes to presentations.It must be done conscientiously.After,she will rain down queries about the subject presented and it is crucial that the presenters stand strong or be hung out to dry in the stockades.

I feel that we countered with whatever she threw at us quite well.Better than expected.Of course she won some points.Big ones.But given my preconcieved expectations,I'd say we survived well.

On a bad note,I lost my thumbdrive after that.Damn.

On Friday,we had the SGEM Skit Competition.We were one of 3 qualifiers.

I have indeed played out this skit before in last month's Seniors Fair.But this time round I had butterflies in my stomach.I think even for seasoned performers,they still get buttterflies everytime before they come on so I think all I have to learn is to not let them overwhelm me.

I made it a point to focus on projecting my voice.The actors as a whole were a little on the soft side during rehearsals and transition between scenes were less than smooth,due to slight changes we had to make to shorten the skit.

At the end of it all.

We got 1st place.Bloody hell !

I expected 2nd.Probably most of us did.

Well done guys!

Really.

I got sad and told Taufiq that it was probably going to be our last real event for our CCA and that was kind of saddening.

He agreed.

I grown and learnt so much there.It's a big,big reason why my school life has been so enjoyable.

We had a delayed departure with some logistical problems that weren't really our fault. My CCA teacher gave me a ride back home.I reached home at 7.

I dropped my stuff,had a quick shower and a change of clothes.I was out the door again by 715.

Managed to hail a cab.I had to be down at the National Library by 745.And thank God I was.It seemed like I wasn't gonna make it when I was 2 streets behind but I did.

I was there to catch "Titoudao".It was about 2 stories of a Chinese wayang tale of a loyal servant that stuck with his master through good and bad and another story was that of the actress playing Titoudao.Not the real-life actress but the 'actress' playing that role in the Chinese wayang.

It was very nice.What was different about it was that it was mainly in the Hokkien dialect(during the Titoudao story) and a mix of English & Hokkien during the actress' story.For the former,there were translations on screen but as for the latter,no translation was given when they spoke in dialect. But we could know through their actions and whenever someone spoke in English in response to the Hokkien dialect.

Different concept.I've never been exposed to it before.

Pretty cool.And I only paid $5 to watch it.Haha.

After that we went to have a late night meal before going home.It was pretty fun with abot a big group of 11 people all there.

I spent the whole day with my CCA friends.It was so much fun.

I felt especially good that I bonded with the juniors.The seniors and the juniors joke around a lot and they are all a fun bunch of people.All of us are equally chaotic and off tangent.

I think it is necessary.For a drama club.

The CCA will be in very capable hands.

I hope that my schedule in April can allow me to come back and help with the orientation.I really would like to.

Good job,good job,good job.

Mic Studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home