Friday, March 23, 2007

I've Been Blessed Again

I caught Stomp The Yard on Wednesday. It was kinda cool to see the stepping moves.It's a unique aspect of African-American youth culture which has to be appreciated.

The main character is DJ,who goes to Truth University in place of his younger brother,who was gunned down in a street fight by bitter losers in a particular street stepping battle.

Who is the drawn between the 2 fraternity houses. The traditional Theta Nu Theta & the modern Mu Gamma Xi,the Wolves and the Pythons respectively. Things get complicated when DJ,falls for April(played by the hot Meagan Good!),who is the girl of the king-in-waiting of Mu Gamma Xi.

It all goes down at Nationals where in the finals,predictably,there is a tie between these 2 frat houses.DJ pulls out his brother's moves,as a tribute and wins it for his house in a showdown battle.

The dancing is not only creative but also witty as they look to make fun of each other with the dancing.

Rating:3 and a half stas out of 5.Yeah it's a cool movie.

300 is still left unviewed.Damn.

But next Monday,I will have something to do.I won 2 preview tickets to catch 'The Hitcher'.I entered an SMS contest in the paper and I totally forgot till I got the email saying that I won.Cool.So the plan is that I'm gonna report to the class chalet.Leave around 5-ish and then be back after the movie.

I got a letter from the authorities.Good stuff.I'm due to collect a bursary award.Again.Haha.I must really thank God for this.It's $400...I think.It should be.Still a significant amount, whatever I get.If Wahida still wants to go to watch Phantom Of The Opera,I may spend some of it and splash it out on the tix.$140+ for a Category A seat.

Anyone wanna hang with me? Haha...for my mates its a given. The group of noisy class gals? Haha..they one crazy bunch.Hope the chalet will be fun.

Gosh,I'm sorry but there's nothing else really interesting to blog about.

I'll be back with some good stuff hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home