Sunday, January 21, 2007

Toys We Have

Been doing housekeeping on the laptop.Deleted about 9 GB worth of songs and a couple of videos.That's a lot..it's a start to getting the laptop back to normal instead of this slow-ass pace it's been moving at.

The Marketing CA is tomorrow.After that,interview skills workshop till 5.So I'll miss class for tomorrow.

I have to go for an eye checkup on Tuesday so I'll miss class again.

Not helping my academics,that's for sure.I'm okay with Monday's workshop cos I'll be picking up useful skills but Tuesday's complusory eye checkup is a right pain.

Moving on,here's a thought.

To adapt a quote from the Greek mythical character,Odysseus,King of Ithica who said the following to another Greek hero,the killing machine,Achilles,as told in Homer's (not Simpson !) tale,The Iliad;

"You have your swords,I have my tricks.We play with the toys God gives us"

That is what it's about this post.Some people have it a little easier.Their talents are much more evident and they are aware that they have the talent.

I do believe that God gave everyone a chance to do well and succeed at something.I,just like a lot of other people,am wondering what my talent is.More importantly,is it a viable ability? Or is it rather 'unique' like being able to being able to touch my nose with my tongue?

There are two points about this that I will proceed to elaborate on...

Firstly,I hope that whatever it is,I would be able to make a decent living out of it,or at the the very least,allow me to have a life which is purposeful and fulfilling.It will make me feel like I'm a useful member of society and make myself and my loved ones feel that I'm making good use of my life.

Secondly,it's down to something much more primal and animalistic.It's not something that yearn for or am obsessed about.

Ever see those nature shows,where one would attract potential mates by showing off their powress or flex something? That's what I mean but not really exactly.I'm not trying to attract a mating partner here.

It's more to do with friends and members of the opposite sex and what people would see when they are looked at.Someone confident and has enough ability to not only stand on their own two feet but make a stand.Maybe even leave a positive,indelible mark on people in their world.

I'm sure I can identify with a lot of people with what I just said.

As for me,I'm still so unsure with what I've been given by God and whether they will be good enough.I do hope that I will make something of myself.

And to this unknown special someone,that I have yet to meet (or maybe I've met you but I just don't know it yet??) that when we do meet,I hope that I will have put in enough effort to make you proud of me and ultimately,make myself proud for doing that.

We got toys to play with so lets find them and play with them and make something of ourselves.

Be even better if it was something kick-ass..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home