Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cheap Sales And A Rather Expensive Buy

We've got to stop buying new decks guys.Yeah they're cheap but that's a lousy excuse....

Thought I'd start off with a random one there.

Drama class was fun.It was the first lesson and even though there are 5 lessons left I can still have fun.I think they are meant to be fun.It's how you use what you've learnt and the things that you need to do to improve yourself that is the hard work.The class itself was a real eye-opener,teaching me things that I always knew that I could do or needed to be done but it was just put in words and explained to me in theory which helps a lot.

And now,I've just been emailed about a interviewee-skills workshop,happening on the 22 of Jan.

Wow,I'm involved in so many activities in my 2 years with this CCA.Really so not a waste of my time it turned out to be.

G2000 & U2 are having 70%-off year-end sale...they're affiliated of course.A blazer that originally costs $129 is now going for only $49 !!

How opportune,what with the DnD coming up real soon.The walk around town wasn't a complete waste of time.As for the shirts,saw some nice ones.Probably gonna make it striped.I don't have one of those.Will see more choices soon.Yet to find options for shoes.

I was walking round in the Suntec megamall and had to walk from one end to the other to find the bookstore.I reckoned it to be a warm,welcoming haven away from the packs that were scurrying around.I read a joke book about Homer Simpson.Yeah,yall know he the man...

There were a couple of good reads inside but I didn't read them because it would be too much of and ask for me to stand there and read a book of reasonable volume.so Homer it was.

Was so tempted to buy a book about Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend.Already read 2.Saw 2 others that I haven't read before.I chanced upon this character when years ago,my Lit teacher told me to select a title from a list and do a book review about it.Must have been fate that I chose this title.I wanted very badly to buy the book but I restrained myself because I knew I had other expenses to consider.

For example,I wanted to chill at a Starbucks outlet,one of many strewn in the immediate vicinity,with an Archie comic or a decent book.But I ended up ambling through the mall with a considerably cheaper pretzel from Auntie Anne's.Parmesan cheese by the way..

A big ruckus was made of Beckham's move to MLS and it's not surprising.I considered that he would be earning 1 million plus a week but the local paper went further.He would earn 49 Sterling Pounds a minute.At any given second,at any time of the year,Beckham would have more money than I would ordinarily have in my wallet.He already does anyway but I'm just saying to make a point about the gargantuan nature of the contract.

With 250 million dollars spread over 5 years,he blows away the previous highest paid athelete in American sport,hot-shot pitcher Alex Rodriguez,who earned 42 million dollars a year.

A lot of people say it's a step down for him.In terms of the standard of footb- oh,'saw-ker' then yes.But then,my stand it's a win-win-win situation for him.In terms of his career,he's played for the 2 biggest clubs in the world,if not by pedigree then at least by reputation.His medal collection,thanks to his entertaining tenure with what I believe to be ONE OF THE GREATEST clubs of the modern game,Manchester United,is nothing to be sneezed at.Captained his country at 2 World Cups.

He gets to play soccer regularly and even gets to live out the celebrity aspect of his life without having to apologise.He's in LA,Hollywood.I wouldn't be surprised if being the subject of tabloid controversy would be a pre-requisite to enter certain clubs there.

If it comes down to it,he would at least save on the commute to his soccer school.Imagine how much of a bitch it would be to make all those weekly flights across the Atlantic,private jet or otherwise.

The only downside to this perhaps is that,unless all the top-level midfielders all fell down the stairs of their multimillion dollar homes simutaneously,he wouldn't have a chance of making it back into the England squad.Given the way things were going and the current manager's frosty outlook on the notion,he probably already wouldn't be in anyway.

So go Becks,and enjoy yourself.Thanks for your part in bringing glory to Man Utd.A legend? If not in the eyes of Sir Alex then definitely a great player.

May ask my dad to finance my expenses for the DnD outfit.I saw a guy dress quite similarly to what I have in mind and my friend said that it was possible;I could be imagined in that look.

Well,its been a rather enjoyable weekend I have to say.Coming off a good weekend always helps me to deal with the upcoming school week better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home