Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Little Things

I woke up to the sounds of drilling and excavating..

Ahh,life in the cosmopolitan,concrete jungle.Only alarmingly comforting on the day we happen to rise from slumber in a deep and dark forest.Other than that, majorus agitationus.

No real point about this one here.I just want to state a musing I just had.

It's about the content of my last post.About how many things I had going.About how,a few seconds ago,they seemed incredibly mundane and routine.I should actually be thankful that I have so many things going for me and it is good stuff,I know.

But...

It's not really that interesting in the first place..it's interesting for me,yet at the same time,all those things aren't really things I could say constitute an interesting day.I've grown into the routine.

I guess I'm just expressing my desire to go and see different places and meet different people.

(Maybe go see the Naked Cowboy guy with his guitar in the New York subway system;he's not really naked,just in his underwear.)A permenent sight in the area.

Maybe the DnD will throw up some interesting times.But it'd be nice if something else comes up before that.

This weekened,I'll be studying for my CA on Monday as well as watch a lot of soccer on the telly.It's a big weekend with big games.

Soccer(-watching) is a must,no matter how interesting the rest of my weekend is.Girls may look upon this fact with disdain but for this particular interest of mine,that's the way I want to stay.It's the other times I wanna make less routine.

But the fallacy of the human mind is its fickleness.It tells me that too much spontaneity isn't goode ither.My life would seem directionless and my days spent in a hurried manner.

So,I want my life to be routine but also have a sprinkle of spontaneity here and there..

Hmm..I don't think it is in the nature of humans to be satisfied.Not with everything.We also wnat something to be different,better.That's how the phrase 'the grass is always greener on the other side' came about.Heck,I think,we'd still be stuck in the stone age if humans didn't have this quality in them.

I guess we have to take satisfaction from the little things life.Like seeing someone you like/love smile because of something you did.Or the giggle of a baby.You and your best friend doing your favourite thing together.

Dang,just saw the time and realised I just missed out on getting McDonalds breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home