Wednesday, January 24, 2007

File It Under F For Fondness...

I had typed about halfway through when my system screwed up so now I have to retype...Puta!

Really want to do this portfolio thing.I'll need it to apply for the Media Communications course in my favoured Temasek Polytechnic.

My Class Advisor isn't really helping.She says that any content in the portfolio that the admission people would wanna look at would not fall under her jurisdiction.Instead she tells me to look to my CCA as the point of reference for the portfolio.This is all well and true but honestly,what's the harm in writing one piece of character testimony to be put inside to add weight to the document.

It would surely help me make my case wouldn't it?

But it's not even final that I will be gunning for this course.There are a few factors to consider.

There is the fact that there are limited career opportunities in an already saturated and.lets face it,judgemental industry.

Secondly,even taking up this course of study is an issue.By doing so I would question whether I would not only be able to survive but rather perform when the time comes.

To use soccer as an analogy,I'm a rather decent player at a modest club.Taking this course would be like joining an elite club,like Man Utd!.I would have to ask myself whether I had the ability to be pushing for a first team place and be playing week in week out or would I be nothing more than a squad player,something I do not wish to be.

I'm sure even the non-soccer-tuned can understand this analogy.

These issues will come to the forefront in due course.I have other things to worry about for now.

I didn't perform as well as I liked for my last CA.No results yet but I just know.I also know that I was capable of a much better performance.I just made it a little harder for myself to achieve my academic targets.I still can but I have to slog a lot,admittedly something that I haven't been doing much of this semester.

You gotta bring yourA-game boy!

I had typed up to the above earlier when the comp got screwey...

Anyways,it's not just me.Roswell Girl has designs on getting that course as well.That's why we're both doing those portfolios.Her other choices also run along with mine.

I think it's cos of how I used to feel about her but I really do have a vested interest in her....interest.I do want her to get into the course of her choice and I will willingly do anything I can to help her.

Nothing creepy though.I mean,I liked her.She found out.We talked.I failed.We moved on.I hope....

I was rather miffed when I was told of the condescending attitude she faced from some people when she enquired about the course and they found out she was from ITE.

It's just that she told me a little of her story and I know that she worked hard to get where she is today and she deserves whatever she wants.

A little biased I know.But I consider her my friend and perhaps a little fond of her as well.Though not like in the past.

I just hope she doesn't mind the fondness part.Even after all that has happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home