Friday, November 10, 2006

I Got My Very Own

There are many ardent followers of One Tree Hill,I'm sure like any other show,you've tried to find a way to make it relate to your life.Not time to get into a slanging match between The OC and OTH (there's always the DeathMatch ring for that).

Been hooked since I spent many days cooped up at home during secondary school.Or it was probably my self-study year before ITE.It was showing on the local free-to-air channel at 5pm.So not that many people were watching it.It only got popular after the cable company picked it up and made it primetime.

Not surprisingly,I've found the Mouth-Brooke Davis angle a familiar road.

Mouth:Common,nice guy,lots of friends.But no real affinity with any particular clique in high school.

Brooke:Equally loved and hated.Uber popular.Top of the ladder in high school.

Mouth has always had the biggest crush on Brooke but he has always kept his distance because of the disparity between them in the social ladder.Brooke 'knows' and she always had an open smile for Mouth.Mouth appreciates this and he grins and bears it,watching Brooke always go with the popular crowd,guys included.

He remains Brooke's unwavering and loyal friend.By the 2nd season he stands out a bit more.Things happen.Her and Mouth are now closer friends.Brooke knows that Mouth is a real 'stand-by-me' kind of friend.

The reason for relating this anecdote is because I recently asked myself 'What now for me? How do I view the Roswell Girl situation?'

Even though she said that she wants to remain single for now,it would be inevitable that a lucky bugger snares her big,loving heart.That I am certain,will be the big test for me.

Now that it's all out in the open,how do I deal with the abovementioned scenario when it comes along.

I have to 'do a Mouth.' That will be my challenge.

She says she doesn't want to talk to me about any guys that comes her way.She doesn't want me to feel hurt or jealous.

It's true I will feel that way.I'm not going to sugarcoat it.But it's also extremely noble of her.

But I feel like it's not fair to her if she has to do that.It's her life and she shouldn't care about how I feel.But the thing is she does.

Still,I still feel it's not right.She will always be Brooke.All I can do is be Mouth.When the time comes,my resolve will be put to the test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home