Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Life Scripting 101

Happy 19th birthday Kevin.

Wow,so much has happened in such a short time.Such contrast in the events as well.

My grandma passed away last night.My mom's mom.Granted,I didn't see myself as close to her.
There was a gap between us.But the last time thatI interacted with her during the festive season,though routine and it consisted of short questions.I was left with this impression that she was doing her duty as a grandmother.And I appreciated that.

I may have not been close with her but obviously it was a mournful event.But I shed no tears.At first I felt that it was wrong but I then realised that I did mourn her loss by appreciating her like I have stated above.It was my own way of remembering her.

All this have certainly brought me back down to earth.

For before this,I was on a high.The good kind too.

I finally had that talk with Roswell Girl.I was so happy that I got the closure that I wanted.I talked to her on the phone late at night for 2 hours.That's something to shout about! I've never talked to a girl,this special,this late,for that long.

Wheeeeeee!

We talked about everything.

I won't really state everything that went down but there's something that she said that I feel that I should share so you may an inkling of how happy I feel about her.

She related how that when she knew that I liked her,she was a tad reluctant to talk to me about her guy problems or her encounters with guys,fearing that I may get hurt and disappointed, since I like her and all.

She said that she didn't want to make me sad so she didn't go and do that.

There's more.

When I replied with the statement that if she was to like someone,I would have truthfully no right to stop her or get mad at her or whatever.

She took that and went on to respond in a manner most demure,that she is aware of how it is for me to suffer in silence but having to bear it simply because one was willing to let the person one admires be happy with someone else.

Oh my goodness girl...you are a dream.She was talking about things from my point of view.

She has just encapsulated how things have been ever since the first day that I saw her.

God must have spent just a little more time on you

I used to be infatuated with her.I used to be 'in love' with her.I used to say here that I love her big,doe eyes,her cute voice.I still am very much so.

Now,I 'love' her.I love her for her heart that she has inside.

Personally for me,what God did,was perhaps to bring me back down to earth an reminded me about the duality of life.

The high of what went down Roswell Girl.The low of my grandmother's passing.

It's all part and parcel of life.Sounds like a tired old cliche but rather apt,I would think.

Ha,just to leave on a positive note..by the way it's what I really think.

It is with all due respect that I say this.Now,my grandma can join my late grandfather,her husband in heaven.The were both good,pious people.But I literally had a smile on my face when I thought about how they could both kick it together in heaven,just like their own version of Bonnie N Clyde?

Hey,just found out that my grandpa was a kick but guy who escaped from the Death Railway in WW2 and became village headman and even had his own bike,a Ducati.In today's context,it would be like having Valentino Rossi's bike.Was rather affluent back in the day.Way to go, grandpa..lol.

Yeah,I can only hope to emulate the love and respect they had for all those years of marriage.If I get half of what they have,I can count myself lucky.

Bonnie N Clyde.Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home