Sunday, October 22, 2006

Straggling Not Slacking

2 days of fasting left.Today and tomorrow.

I'm supposed to be schooling but it's a half-day for Muslim students.It starts at 12.But since MY lessons start at 12,I don't have to attend.Although I do have rehearals from 12 to 2 pm still.Then, Tuesday a public holiday,will spend that day in the festivities.I'll go back to school on Wednesday and continue with Thursday before Friday being a holiday,brought forward from another previous public holiday.So this coming week will only have 2 days of school.

Cause to celebrate perhaps.But that would also mean that I would miss more lessons,which I'm not too keen about.I mean there's only so much I can miss before I start to struggle to catch up,no matter how much other people say it would be for someone like me to catch up.

I beg to differ.

Last semester was the one with the big push and with that achieved,this semester will be me looking to consolidate that good position with steady grades.I have to push myself albeit with different motives.I still have to push myself to get the right mindset nontheless.

Will be going out later to get the new traditional clothes.I hope I need not spend too much time there.I hope I'll just get what's neccessary and leave.I plan to reach home around 730pm.

That is in light of the big game on the tube tonight.

United will be hosting the Red Scouse tonight.While Manchester United are touted as favourites,I remain wary.I have a feeling it will be a draw but at the same time,perhaps confusingly,I expect United to get away with a 1-0 or 2-0 win.But such is the nature of this fixture and the way it is being set up I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing.

I wonder how receptive my mom is to the idea of me geeting that Topman jacket or that pair of Adidas Originals shoes.$96 and $109 respectively.I don't think I'll manage to get both around the same time.Unless my mom's exceptionally generous or if she gets either as a birthday present and I get the other with my scholarship.

There are a couple of plays that I may be catching sometime soon.It's either 'Puteri Gunung Ledang'(PGL),'Phantom of the Opera' or 'Notre Dame Du Paris'.1st up is the PGL play and it would be a nice thought,'debuting' my jacket and shoes there.

Had a talk from one of the polytechnics last Friday.The top 75 students in the course had to attend.It was one of those polys that I wasn't interested in attending cos the location is so far,far away,the daily commute to school would be such a killer.I'm not sure if there were any absentees but a total of 8 people from my class attended.To my knowledge,3 people have lower GPAs than me.Does that mean I'm No. 5 in my class? It would be nice if I was.That was a small aim,interrelated to my goal of raising my GPA.

Don't think I'm going to get a Certificate of Merit(COM).That's reserved for the top of the top in the list.Roswell Girl might get it,she should in my opinion anyway.She deserves it.It's okay though,the COM was just something high for me to aim at.Even if I fall short of it,I still land quite high up.

The outlook is pretty positive but this recent run of 'playing truant'(legally) is rather worrying.It's worrying that I'm missing so many classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home