Wednesday, October 04, 2006

There's Work & There's Play But She Makes My Day

Back again.

The video production is really starting to take shape now.As a matter of fact,I've got to turn in a complete script by 5pm Thursday.Looks like I'll be working through the night again,like I always do.At least the work is split up with someone else so its not like I'm flying solo.On Friday the professional scriptwriter will be coming in to fine tune whatever we've done.

It has been busy but it's also been fun.There's been a better balance of work and fun this time.

On Monday a couple of my classmates came down to the court to play with my guys.It was fun but I really think I could have done a lot better as goalie.I don't know whether to blame it on ring rust or simply the fact that I wasn't up to the mark on that day.Never thought that my school friends and my real life mateswould ever get to meet.But it went down okay.

On Tuesday,after a production meeting in school in the morning I met a couple of my mates to go catch John Tucker Must Die.Decent movie.Nothing more.Nothing less.It was fun enough I guess when you have people like Jesse Metcalfe,Brittany Snow and Sophia Bush in the movie.Nothing too outstanding but a worthy time killer.2 1/2 stars out of 5.

Before that we had done a round of bowling and had dinner at Burger King.The standard of service left mush to be desired and kinda had me feeling miffed but even then it wasn't much so lets just leave it at that.Had a round of FIFA multiplayer at a cybercafe before we rounded of with a walk around the Suntec megamall before taking the bus home.

A real good day filled with fun.

Nontheless,the past few days have been rather taxing.

Oh yeah,before I forget.On Sunday I stayed up till 4am doing a draft of the script.There was supposed to be a meeting Monday morning(before the soccer game) and I woke up at 815am to go and travel to the other side of the the island.Spent some time walking round the area looking for the place but I couldn't so I hailed a cab to go and find it.All this while I had been trying to contact the executive producer(an outside consultant) about how to get to her place and stuff but couldn't get through.I finally did when I was in front of her office and found out that she had passed the message to my other scriptwriter that the meeting was cancelled the night before.This other person did pass the message but since my messaging system is hampered at the moment on my phone I couldn't really get the message.

So I dragged myself out of bed for nothing at all.Great.

As I was saying,it has been rather taxing and I thought that I should stay in bed till afternoon today.I felt I needed to.But I was up by 830am,too excited about my exam results.I had tried checking last night but unsurprisingly the system was clogged up.It only came up at 9am though so still had to wait.

Entrepreneurship - A
Office Administration - A

Obviously,I got a pass grade for the 2 electives(not included in GPA calculation) I was taking.They're a waste of time if you ask me.Fun,but a waste of time.

Cumalative Grade Point Average(GPA): 3.761 (fyi,max GPA is 4,supposed to get as close to it as you can)

Good I got what I wanted for the grades.Wished that the GPA was at least 3.8 though.It's still an increase from the 3.684 from last semester.But in all honesty,it's pretty decent.Not too sure if I can apply for polytechnic with this semester's GPA or do I have to wait? If I can,that's good.It's a good score to apply with but not really thinking about that now.Just want to do well for the next semester's modules.

They're Marketing and Avanced Office Applications(AOA).Aiming for an A in Marketing and at B at least for AOA.I'd rather an A but it's a small challenge.Can still be done though.

Now,I really feel that I deserve that scholarship.In fact,both.It's up to God if I'll get both.Well,I should be getting the 1st one.The school's said I've already got it anyway.So where the bloody hell is it?Typical of the educational system's red tape.

Missing Roswell Girl.I know she's not missing me but till school starts I'm a sitting duck.She's probably out with some other guy or her boy.And she's says she's single.Perhaps her and her 'ex' are friends with benefits...no funny stuff,just leaves me wondering whether she's what she says she is(single) and where does that leave me?

I'll find out more the next time I see her.Probably when school reopens. Kinda miss her but like I said,nothing I can do.

Hmm..wonder how Roswelll Girl did.Probably same grades as me,considering we were in the same Entrepreneurship group and as well as for the Office Admisnistration project component.For the latter we also got the same grade for the CA component.Unless she screwed up for the exam(unlikely!) she should have the same grade as me.That would mean that she would maintain her GPA score of 4(a perfect score!)

I'm happy for her but also a little jealous.But hey,whatever,as long as we both make it to polytechnic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home