Friday, October 20, 2006

She Did What...Woah, That Is Da Bomb!

So much has happened since the last post.Maybe not in terms of quantity but definitely in terms of impact.

The on-location shooting these past 3 days have been a real eye opener.It offers an insight into how a real life production team works.It was tiring and boring but I learned a lot of things.

My job as a scriptwriter cum interviewer is basically done,save for maybe a few rewritings of the script but only if neccessary.I missed 3 days of class though and that leaves me a little behind in some modules but I'll catch up.I hope.

Tuesday was especially tiring with the call sheet stating that shooting begins at 730am and ends at 730pm.We managed to wrap up for the day at around 640pm but it wasn't much consolation.I had to eat dinner at Burger King and trudge my way back home via public transport.We had to visit 5 campuses and do shots.Loads of them.It was mostly up to the directors so I did much sitting down and waiting.I tried to make myself useful by carrying the stuff sometimes and giving assistance whenever neccessary.

I even had to interview the college principal,who's in charge of the 5 schools.It was pretty scary but I put my nerves down and got through it.

2nd and 3rd day weren't so taxing but it was pretty hard work as well.

Overall,it was a very nice experience that was a rare chance in ITE and I was glad to be part of it.Video launch is on the 15th of November so more as the date comes closer.

The 2nd day of shooting was my birthday.Before it began in the morning, a group of my classmates came over to sing happy birthday very loudly..wow,I was embarrassed but I rolled with it and took a bow at the end.So touched.Lol.

After shooting I had rehearsals for the skit going to be performed on the 26th October.It's a rehashed skit so it's not that difficult.

I met Roswell Girl during and she gave me a card(more on the contents later).A lot of well wishers,a couple of Friendster testimonials.It was nice.I went to eat dinner at McDs and before that Roswell Girl had called(she had left rehearsals earlier) and asked what type of flavour I liked cos she wanted to buy it for her guy friend.She obviosuly wanted to buy it for me but I didn't want to believe it.Of course later,Aini and Wahida came back with a package.It was a collection of mini-muffins that they lit up and then proceeded to sing Happy Birthday.Roswell Girl couldn't join cos of some reason.I would have liked her to be there but sadly she wasn't.

The muffins were nice.No one other than my family has bothered to do something like that for me,and even then it was only when I was a kid.I really appreciate their thoughts.

Thanks loads guys...

Later called up my mates and they sent me well-wishes as well.These guys need not stand on occassion and I'm cool with whatever.

More on that card that Roswell gave me.Made the biggest impact on my birthday.She gave me a birthday card that she printed out and decorated a little.Two cute bunnies..me and her *haha*.Very nice and thoughtful words that affected me a lot.Real nice of her.A cool birthday card.

Then she gave me a letter as well,it was inside the envelope.

That letter,its contents...it was everything that I wanted to talk to her about but was too afraid.She came out and talked to me first through this letter.I shan't go into details for I believe the letter was 'Eyes Only'.That means it's confidential.It wasn't a confession of love but it wasn't one of cold rejection either.It was an honest yet warm hearted view of our friendship.

A friendship that I treasure.One that was never awkward,not even when she knew I liked her.It isn't even now,after the letter cos I talked to her about it for a bit.But it was nice to receive a letter.An old-fashioned leter.Hardly anyone uses that as a form of correspondence these days.Cooler if it had come through the mailbox with the stamp and all.

We conversed about stuff that I always wanted to with someone like MJ.Roswell Girl is great.She's kick ass.My mate said I should be grateful that she liked me enough and was open enough to come up to me first to talk about it.Even though we talked about it before class this morning,it was too little and I felt I had to measure up to her form of correspondence so I just an appropriate form of it this afternoon.It would have been so cold and impersonal had I done it by phone.

Speaking of phone,can't belive I got my phoned swiped while I was playing street soccer.All the contacts lost.It's been a couple of days and I've had time to get over it.

Seriously,the level on which me and Roswell Girl talk is quite unlike any other that I have with anyone else,save my mates.But even they will understand that this is just a bit different cos she's a girl and a real gem of a girl at that.

Da-y-umm girl..
=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home