Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Views Exchanged But Do Other Doubts Remain?

So spent a bit of the money received from house-visits yesterday but I've yet to receive from my dad and mom so that's something to look forward too.

Today there was a surprise lying in wait for me after rehearsals.A festive party suddenly turned to a birthday celebration.Mine to be exact.I have to admit total bewilderment here.It was unexpected.But definitely pleasant.

There was a cake.There was a card.Signed by everyone.Far out! Indeed...never had people fuss about me like this before.It's an astoundingly touching collective gesture for which I am more than thankful for.

May load one or two photos if they ever get round to me.

During the celebration,the Section Head (who was invited to the feast) mentioned to me that the college principal whom I interviewed,was left imprinted with a good impression of me and how eloquently I spoke.At the risk of sounding brash,I have to say I feel a sense of nonchalance towards that remark.Don't get me wrong,I fully grasp the weight behind the remark, considering the source but I also feel that I should just take it on the surface and not read too much into it.Way I see it,I'm just doing my thing.

Also my CCA teacher remarked that she liked my blog and how I write in it.Taken aback as she did mention that she probably wouldn't have time to read blogs when she first found out about mine and a few others(I did post about this in a previous post).Apparently she did,though only for a bit ever since that day.Again,this a totally rad thing to hear.

Right,am I blowing my own horn or what? Totally mired in a sea of self-indulgence here.

Performance tomorrow,hopefully things go well.Although the point that I would like to stress here is that I'll miss another Principles of Marketing class.

Scheisse...

Attended my first class today,a week and a half into it.Looks do-able but I'll have to work and mug my way through.A reminder that I am aiming to get an A for this module.

Suddenly reminded of 2 movies.Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet and the movie adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel 'A Walk To Remember'.Feel like watching them.Especially the former.I know I did before.I'd just like to experience watching the tragic grandeur of it all.Timeless tale juxtaposed against the chaos that is modern society.

Oh,now I remember.After watching the Godfather trilogy,in which Al Pacino was brilliant,I must remind myself to go and grab 'Scarface' as well.This is where Pacino is decidedly more hands-on.Organised crime glorified.This is where his character Tony Montana utters the infamous phrase 'Say hello to my little friend!'

Lol.

On the Roswell Girl front,she has said that she received the letter.But that's all and nothing more.It's all out in the open but we haven't thrashed out an honest discussion about it.Heeding the advice of some humans of the female variety,I shall either call her or do it through the use of SMS..wanted to do it tonight but it's too late in the night I think.Will do it sometime soon,unless of course I see a window of opportunity that I can seize.

Things aren't weird between me and her.It's just that,after all this exchange,it's sort of been left hanging and I guess that what I'm looking for is some sort of 'closure'.

Hopefully I'll get it without jeopardizing the 'progres' that we've made in our situation.I'll have to tread carefully here.Last thing I want is for her to freak out and back away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home