Saturday, July 01, 2006

The One Difference

I've been chilling out the whole day.Today's was mom's birthday and pizza delivery and cake.Already bought the present with sis yesterday and gave it to her.

I plan to chill out the whole weekend and not do anything major.Already have CCA and social commitments lined up from Monday to Wednesday so I figure it best to do nothing this weekend as it would mean having an impact on my monthly finances,which I deem unnecessary.

Major event...hols have started.3 weeks long.I would like to have a job.It would be nice to have a couple of hundered bucks have around to ease things up for my mom and it would give me peace of mind when I splash on things that I need,like bags and new clothes.Highly unlikely that I'll get to find a job though,unless I find a temp one that is easy enough to not pressure me.That's the last thing I need after the daily grind of school.

England v Portugal.England have a chance of course.A team of their quality always do but the team isn't exactly on point at the moment.They look sluggish and devoid of penetration.Portugal will be missing Deco,Costinha and perhaps C Ronaldo but I feel that they have enough quality players who will fit right in.Simao Sabrosa should play. Perhaps Tiago? Deco would be their only real miss I feel.

Italy progress as well.They're doing well like I predicted earlier. The one player who merits a place in the tourney's dream team is their captain Fabio Cannavaro.Quite impressive despite playing alongside 3 different partners.He's marshalled the defence brilliantly.Certainly more value than the much hyped Alessandro Nesta.

Perhaps this is a biased view but I sort of dislike betting in football.The money discolours the passion that emanates from supporting a team and blurs the line.The practicality of money will overrule the blind faith that football causes.I have nothing against people who bet.I have friends who do and I am happy when they win but as for me,I'm quite happy to just sit and watch a game of football without having to worry about the exact number of goals being scored.Or support one team in my heart but also hope that the other team wins with the head as earlier deliberation had ruled it practical that the latter emerge winners.Its just football.I'm enjoying it for what it is,plain and simple.

This chilling thing is cool and all but its not as good as it could be cos my mom and my sis are both home.When I need to chill,I'd really like to do it alone.That means I can do anything I want at home without interruption.Feelin a little irritated about that now.

Someone left a comment here (I don't know who) that MJ and I would look good together.Got me in a little smirk thinking how right that would be impossible to find out,seeing as how I don't see MJ around anymore,let alone be seen together with her.

Sigh,Roswell Girl is so much easier to access but I feel that its unlikely anything will happen with her cos I think she's in love with this other guy despite her saying otherwise.The only reason,they're not together is cos she's still recovering from her breakup with her ex.If not for that,I'd think her and that guy would be going for it.

She says that they're just friends.She also once mentioned that we,as in me and her,were friends as well.The difference is that that guy and her have talked about liking each other and the possibilty of something developing betwwen them in the future.Like I said Roswell Girl and I are friends but we don't seem to be talking about that,do we? So that's why I say they are likely to end up together if things continue the way they are.And when she talks to him on the phone,she's so affectionate.Well,she is by nature but more so than usual.

Whatever,CCA meeting on Monday.Superman Returns likely on Tuesday.Perhaps,if I'm lucky,Garfield 2 on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home