Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Got An Idea ? Scribble It Down !

I was suddenly called into my Section Head's office.The Section Head is like what you would call the Departmental head,in charge of all the teachers in that particular department.There were a couple of things she wanted to run my me.

Firstly,there was this planned campaign about autism and they were gonna do ads and shows about it.I figure its headed by an outside company but they are looking to involve some students as well.The benefit that the students get is that they actually will be working in tandem with professionals who will impart skills and know-how that they have to the students who will learn about the production process.Aspects like camerawork and scriptwriting,among others I'm sure will be covered.

My Section Head said that she was gonna put up my name for it.Not the only person of course.Thing is,I'm actually quite interested cos this will give me a peek into how things like this are done in the real world.The chance to work with professionals,or at least people who do it for a living sounds nice.

My only concern being that the thing may take up a lot of time.I forgot to ask how long the thing would be.I should have.I can't say for sure.The only positive is that it may take me away from other CCA projects.

I'm worried that it may clash with my Entrepreneurship module peoject.I don't want to slack on that because I don't wanna let my team down by always being unavailable because of this project.Its an incentive that Roswell Girl is in the group as well and I wouldn't want her, especially her,of all people in my school to think poorly of me now would I?

The other thing that the Section Head wanted to run by me was another scriptwriting competition.It's short in duration,just 24 hours this one but if do then I really gotta step up to the plate.It ha been highlighted in the news in the past years the competition has been run

Its a 24 hour scriptwriting competition.I have to write one within that time.I'm gonna be put in a room which is quiet and tranquil and write a script for a short play.The thing that puts me off is the fact that it has to be AT LEAST 12 PAGES LONG ! No spacing between the lines too...

Dang..I've never written a full script ever.Only help with ideas and finishing up partly written scripts.I like writing scripts yeah but never considered myself any good.How do I even get my story to reach 12 pages.Yeah,having read novels,I have a vague idea but no way will it translate to me actually doing it.The benefits are obvious,even more beneficial than those of the current national competition I'm in now.At least I'm in a group for this one now.This new one,I'll be going solo at the deep end.

Even the script for the Oscar-winning 'Good Will Hunting' was written by a two-man team. Yeah,even Ben Affleck and Matt Doman had each other to help out the other person.

My stand now is as such.I will accept the first project and reject the second one.Must find out more about the duration of the first project though.

Been having this craving to watch Romeo N Juliet.The modern one starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes,directed by Baz Luhrmann.Its kinda cool, and if anyone knows how to make it spectacular,its Luhrmann.Moulin Rouge anyone? If you thought memorising a normal script was hard,imagine doing it with Shakespearean English.Is it called Victorian English?

This reminds me that I was supposed to return my DVD's to the video store yesterday.Oh yes, I should remember to rent Napoleon Dynamite as well.

Still rueing my missed chance yesterday when MJ came down to play soccer.I was of course,stuck in rehearsals.I already expressed my distress in my previous post,after knowing thru an unammed source that she was gonna play soccer.Therefore, I need no reminder of my misfortune.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boy! ha ha. you are still at it. well just wanted to see how my interesting blog friend here is doing. well interesting updates. maybe its fate that you didn't play soccer. by the way. im single now. didn't work. you seem like a good person. do you have msn and how old are you? ciao.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home