Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Workaholic Dreaming

I was reading my sister's chick-lit book,Sphie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess,just for kicks is all.Its about this workaholic chick.In the midst of it all,I wandered onto a thought.Was what I going through now with school and CCA nothing else but a scaled-down version of the rat race?

The rat race,where everyone spends their time trying to outdo everyone else or for the most part,just try to keep up with everyone else.Inbred into young minds,particularly in a country Singapore.Creativity?? Only if you've got cash to fall back on.If not,you'll get weird judgements and looks.

So that doesn't leave much choice for the youth does it? To survive,you have to at least have this and that and this etc...so we gotta chase it and work for it.Unless you are the lucky few that have cash or stumble on a great idea that will bring you loads of cash.

So you tell yourself that you'll work to achieve your goals.Problem is,we all get so entrenched in the chase that we never get out.How many people's dreams have been lost,casulties to the chase...

Same for me,and my mates as well,perhaps.We tell ourselves that we WILL achieve our dreams one day but we gotta work first to be financially secure to achieve these dreams.In that pursuit,dreams will fade and become nothing but a memory.

So even if I tell myself today that I will not forget about my dreams during the chase but how do I know that I won't forget.

I think to not forget,we must not take ourselves too seriously.We must remember to call the dreamer from our youth.The one that made our mind wander when we were in school and in the midst of lessons.The one that brought to us daydreams.That person must exist again.

Adults must daydream.You may call it wishful thinking.But if we get the money when we work we can actually have the finances to make those wishes come true.

Its not something set in stone.Its not a proven theory.Its just something that I've thought about.A point of view if you will.

I may have some other matters to blog about but some other time perhaps.I'm too knackered.Its a bit late cos I do have to wake up for school at 6am.

P/S - I'm in the middle of writing 3rd song.The subject matter was supposed to be something else but then some other thing popped into my head and it sounded good and also relavant so I worked with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home